Monday, March 30, 2009

Cat got your tongue?

First day of school went just fine.. I didn't go to lab cos I woke up late. (Mentang2 dah dapat lab, buat perangai malas pulak kan). Anyway, I have not yet recovered from 'sleeping till noon' syndrome which I got it during spring break . Nevertheless, I had 2 classes in the afternoon and one of them was oral English class! I think I am gonna enjoy this class very much..

So, one of the task in this class is each student has to present an idioms every week which is so fun.. Asyik belajar 'sambil menyelam minum air jer", nak pulak belajar 'i have butterflies in my stomach'.. Hahaha.So, the instructor gave us one example that no one knew the meaning.. (confirmla, dah semua foreigner)

Has cat got your tongue?

When people said this to you, it means that you are very quiet and they think you should involved in the conversation.

Which was like.. a slap on my face..

Macam aku jer tuh, tak reti nak bergaul dengan orang..


Anyway, from now on, I'm gonna tell you guys what idioms I learned during my class.. Sharing is caring gituh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow... oral english class huh? kenapa ko suka? ni mcm public speaking ke? takut laaaaaa...

Farina said...

Haha.. Erm,some of the part ade public speaking.. Bagusla, cos research memang banyak kena buat presentation. So, prepare dari sekarang..Tapi die ajar gak pronunciation, American English kan ade sket beza dgn British English..