Thursday, April 2, 2009

I got the answer!

Remember few days ago, I mentioned that my cat dragged his body along the carpet. Anyway, the action is called 'scooting'. Well, I asked my friend, Dr. Khor, who was a clinician in UPM. She suggested few possibilities and one of them is anal gland disease. So, i did what she told me to do... To squeeze his bum bum (anus) at 5 and 7 o'clock from outside. Hard to imagine? Let me draw you a picture (ade je gambar kat google, tapi saje suke nak lukis)

I was able to squeeze only once cos he was struggling.. A Brownish fluid came out, the smell were like hell... Anyway, the fluid usually came out with poo.. but, in Rocky's case, the fluid didn't came out maybe cos his poos were not hard enough to compress the gland to excrete the fluid. That made his bum2 itchy, and causing him to scoot on the carpet.. Errrgh, bayangkan time die scoot tuh, cecair tuh keluar.. abis busuk lah carpet.. Eewwww...

I think he is okay now kot, but need to monitor if he scoots again.. If he does, then kena compress lagi lah..

Anyway, I've done this before but not on cats. It was during my practical in PJ vet clinic. I was with Henny attended a Great Dane who was having impacted anal gland. Great Dane is a huge dog (please google if you wanna know), in order to squeeze the fluid out is to inserted one of your finger INSIDE the anus and another finger squeezing from outside.. Dr. Netto asked us to feel the swollen gland.. He showed us how to do it, at that time dah kuar dah that brownish fluid.. gile pekat, satu clinic bau sampai terpaksa bukak pintu sejam bagi angin masuk.. Henny dah tolak2 I tak nak buat... Haha, tapi we were still acting cool kan.. Takkan nak buat muka geli depan owner pulak.. So, we did it finally and of course, we were wearing gloves.. But the smell, I tell you, OMG, pengsan..

Rocky's smell was not so bad.. Only my hubby yang geli and asked me what was that thing that came out? Taik ke? Hahaha..

P/S: Just came back from doctor's check up. Everything was fine, alhamdulillah..

2 comments:

Ayu said...

Aku belum penah bau secretion anal gland, & hopefully xyah la bau smpai bila2 pun. Hehe.. Anyway, good to know that u're okay. Take care kay..
P/S: Aku penah nk komen 2x kt post ko yg sblum2 ni tapi slalu error bila aku komen guna open ID. Bila guna google acc ni bleh plak.

Farina said...

Haha.. Die ala2 bau tahi yang fresh.. Explanation tak menahan.. Hahaha.. Thank you, doc cakap semua dah clear..Nasib baik.. Aku tau hang singgah kat blog aku sebab ade livetraffic tuh.. Anyway,pakai google id je senang..