Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I hate discrimination!

I didn't know about this issue until I read the Aggies newspaper (the only newspaper that I read over here and run by UC Davis student).

Last week, Facebook allowed their users to vote on their terms and conditions of service. I did noticed that on my Facebook front page. It was a yellow bar icon on top of the page but I did not even bother to look at it.

Anyway, one of the terms that they asked us to vote is the section 4.3 which is...

" You will not use Facebook if you are located in a country embargoed by the US, or are on the US Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated National"

The simple meaning of that statement is those countries that has 'issues' with the US will be banned from using Facebook.. Those countries are such as Iran, Sudan, Myanmar, Cuba, North Korea and Syria.

OMG... What were they thinking? These countries will use Facebook to plan series of bombing all around the world or the next target of their nuclear bomb attack??

According to the Aggies article, Facebook will continue to allow users from those countries to have accounts as long they aren't engaging in commercial activities.

But still...... these are the examples of stupid moron who likes to discriminate people.

Adding to that statement, I watched CBN news last night and the Italians are now (already did?) in the process of passing a bill that clearly showed a discrimination towards Muslim people. " No mosque can be build near church" , " No speakers for azan".... Hey, do you think all Muslim are terrorist? Do you think all the people wearing hijjab/scarf have bad intentions to those who are non-Muslim? I hate those who spread these propaganda...Moga2 anda terbakar dalam neraka...

Things ain't easy for us, living outside Malaysia. If you could see the hatred look when you were wearing hijjab/scarf... It just unfair!

2 comments:

Ayu said...

Apasal kurang asam sgt ni? Tak sangka facebook pun join sama mendiskriminasi manusia. Ko kat US pakai tudung affected jugak ke? Kt sini alhamdulillah, so far okay la..

Farina said...

Yes ayu... erm, Jai pun tak rasa apa2 sebab orang tak tahu die tuh Muslim. But Davis so far ok.. Cuma kalau pergi outside of Davis and jumpa org yang conservative sikit, you can feel they look at you differently.