Friday, July 10, 2009

Our ward is 1/10 the size of their ward..

WTH am I talking about here nih? Ward, what ward?

Just now, I had a tour of UC Davis vet hospital.... Luckily I know Lani, a vet student who works in my lab over the summer and she gives a tour every fortnight to anyone who likes to visit the university teaching hospital....

Well, knowing that UC Davis is among the top 3 vet school in the US, I am not surprised to see their high-end facilities...

They have MRI and CT scan services for small and large animals, specialized clinics (dentistry, opthalmology , neurology, bla bla bla) and they even offer hemodialysis service for dogs and cats... and UC Davis is the first teaching hospital to offer the hemodialysis service before other schools in the US.... I'm impressed!!! Like really really impressed! Now I missed being a clinician, working with small animals.. :( (Padehal kerja sebulan jer kat klinik, hehehe)

Next time she's doing a tour, I'll bring a camera and bring back those pictures to Dr. Wahid who is the Deputy Dean of UPM's Teaching Hospital.. Semangat tak menahan...

Our faculty is expanding and the building is scheduled to be completed either end of this year or early next year.. (Oh, pemandangan fakulti baru adalah nampak Putrajaya Marriot ek, tepi Hospital Serdang.. Apekah motif letak fakulti kitorang dekat2 dengan Med School?)

So, I hope as the future backbones of the faculty (chewah,backbone konon), we could do something to improve the teaching facilities in the future... Amacam, ade peluang jadi Dean tak? Hehehehe

10 comments:

dedalie said...

alaaaa..tanak bukak klinik vet ke? senang nanti aku nak bawak anak-anak aku, kalau sakit..hehehe

Farina said...

Kalau aku dapat datuk kaya bukak kan clinic boleh la dalie... Ala, kalau anak ko sakit, bawak je klinik UPM.. aku bagi 30% discount.. :)

Ayu said...

Cewah, semangat noxx!! Hehe.. Papepun kalo ko nak jadi dean satu hari nanti, u have my full support. ;>

Alice said...

babe,

boleh ye i bawak anak2 angkat my mum (maknanyer adik2 angkat i la kan, huhu) pg klinik vet upm? can i get 30% too? *wink*

byk sgt kucing my mum nie - sampai berbelas ekor. xlarat mak!

Farina said...

Ayu:

Malu I rakan sekerja baca cita2 I.. Takdelah nox, aku nak jadi pensyarah biasa jer.. :P

Aira:
Hehehe.. Memang kalau u pergi without I pun, dapat 30% discount cos it's a teaching hospital..(opps, kantoi dgn dalie).. Staff vet dapat 60% discount rasenye, but it's limited to 2 pets/person and kena register dulu... Make friend ramai2 dgn staff kat vet, pastuh leh lah antar kucing2 mak u.. :)))

Alice said...

ooohhh, sounds great! i kenal u, hubby i kenal sorang Dr vet kt situ, klu dier ader lagila, nama dier fairuz (maybe spelling lain).

this is great to know! i mean, the 30% pun dah save a lot, that 60% is a bonus *wink* Thanks for sharing..

Farina said...

Babe,
Hubby you kenal ayuz?? Fairuz equine kan, i rasa takde fairuz lain kat fak. tuh..

Alice said...

Klu betul, it's his schoolmate kt MCKK dulu. Nama dier Ahmad Fairuz Jamaluddin. Part Equine tue he's not sure (adakah itu nickname dier or tmpt dier tinggal?)

Farina said...

Aira:

Yerp, he's the right one.. Equine=Horse.. Ayuz adalah dr kuda... Hehe, I should used layman term instead..

Alice said...

Hahahaha, I LOL to myself. Talking about different perspective. Salahkan Jusco Equine la, I lagi slalu dgr Equine in that terms instead of equine the horse.

Hubby i called him ayuz too. Lama tak jumpa dier ckp. I told him when we get back to msia, pls revive back all your important network.. =)