Sooooo.....
I went out for supper last nite with Kumitaa. Basically by her name, you could have guess what race is she?
So, I threw her a question on the controversial issue about building a temple in Section 23, Shah Alam.
What does she feels about that issue?
Well, she said she understands why people doesn't want a temple to be build there if it is indeed a Malay community area. I don't actually remember where is Section 23, but I guessed it must be a Malay community area cos it's Shah Alam kan..But the thing is, where was this kepala lembu (head of a cow) coming from?
Anyway, if some of you are not aware, cow is considered as sacred in Hindus. I don't know the whole story and I might be wrong, but I think someone that obviously mental retarded had made the cow's head as their protest against the temple relocation.
Hey, what do you feel if a non-Muslim uses Al-Quran as the object of the protest? Will you feel offended? You do rite?
So, don't simply put racist/religious sentiment on the table if you don't want other people to hurt yours! As simple as that. Period.
I remembered when I was in primary school, my bestfriend was an Indian. I went to her house on Deepavali and she visited me at home when I suffered from chicken pox. We learned to respect each other's culture when we're still young. I still think school is the best place to shape and cultivate the mindset of multiracial understanding.
1Malaysia is not as easy as singing the theme song and screaming "SATU MALAYSIA" out of your lungs. It obviously need more than that. The need of understanding other people's culture and respecting it as much you respect yours.
People were whispering behind my back "That's 1 Malaysia" when we were out at Mamak one day. Do they really understand what does it take to be 1Malaysia?
4 comments:
happy belated birthday dear. Sorry for the late wishes so busy lately. and thank u so much 4 the gorgeous handbag. abg jijan ckp "waahh cantik sgt kenapa tak beli 2?" hahaha cam tak cayo je. anyway, your other half nnt raya sorang ke? cian. Enjoy Msia ok dear.
cheq setuju dgn ampa...dulu zaman sek pun cheq rapat dengan indian girls hehehe
Mon:
My pleasure.. Hehe, leh abg jijan, tahun depan saya belikan lagi.. :)
Nina:
Orang yang mingle dgn other races je yang lagi senang faham dari yang asik dok dgn kaum sendiri jer. Opps, reality bites!
Post a Comment