Today was a hectic day. Two cats from my experiment were sick so they had to put down the cats and I had to process the sample right away. The graduation ceremony started at 4 pm and I was still in the lab. I went home, ate lunch at 4.30pm and made to the ceremony. Luckily the speech part usually took an hour or more, so I did not missed a lot of things.
Last year, I went to the undergraduate graduation ceremony. It was a laidback ceremony. In contrast, Yaohua's graduation was a little bit serious, only 1 or 2 people decorated their mortar board but it was a significant and special event to everyone . Ph.D is a long journey with a lot of obstacles one can ever imagine especially to those who have family and were separated from their loved ones for years. It is not just an appreciation of your hardwork but also to your family who stood by you along the years.
No scroll, instead the Dean of Graduate Studies wore the hood on his neck while the supervisor stood aside watching.
Yaohua's ex-housemate. Tetibe I rasa hot...hot.. hot..
"Class of 2010,2011,2012 and 2013 "
Loved this picture!
Though my life is pretty hectic and shitty right now with low amount of energy flowing, I must move forward as I want this to happen in 2-3 years time from now.
MY OWN GRADUATION!
On another note, we're doing a BBQ party at our house this coming Saturday. I'm making homemade rojak buah, bihun sup dan segala jenis daging BBQ. So, I won't be updating the blog til next week (like you care kan? hehe).


4 comments:
tgk farina pakai baju convo raser hiba dengan naseb diri akak....
Laaaaa, kak ifah jangan lah sedih2. I feeling sorang2 je nak graduate tuh padehal qualifying pun tak lepas lagi. Keep your spirit high! Then kite boleh balik Malaysia for good :) Amin!
I just love U.S graduation ceremony. Laid back, semua orang boley dtg to celebrate your success -that's the real purpose pun kan...
Yes!! Buat pun dalam stadium je, tak perlu hall yang canggih manggih.
Post a Comment