Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dulu RM2.70 tau!

I don't think people should make such a fuss over the hike of oil price.

When I was leaving Malaysia 2 years ago, the gasoline/oil price was RM2.70. Gosh, that damn expensive! In the US, the gasoline price is not fixed, they fluctuate according to world gas prices. Right now, we are paying around USD3.00/gallon which is equivalent to RM2.50/litre. So, please take this positively.

Anyway, speaking of Malaysia, it has been almost a year since the last time I saw them as well as my other nephews and nieces.



Gosh! It will be another year before I go back to Malaysia. Can the time fast forward a little bit? Oppss, not too fast, I'm not ready for my exam yet :)


4 comments:

pali said...

salam kak,

i dun think people really make fuss over this issue. I think people are more concern on the increasing of goods price, such as sugar and other basic needs.

Pity those that doesn't earn much income. We'll see what happen nexr. :D

Farina said...

Salam Pali,

yes, you are right. I heard people complaining about both of them but more towards the increase of sugar price. 5 years back, teh ais costs RM1.00 but now it's probably RM1.50. Ramadhan is around the corner, hence harga makanan naik as well as harga kuih raya *sigh*.

Melissa Imran said...

d biggest problem back in home country, i guess, is the lack of actions regarding the regulations of skyrocketing good prices every time the price of oil increases @ salary scheme increases. bet that we have an inch-thick regulation book, but no one comply to that due to poor enforcement, bribery bla bla bla... funnily, when Imran was working with KPDN, they had a totally absurd policy, quoted from him, " kalau dah tahu barang kat kedai tu mahal, bakpe nk beli kat situ lagi" - he against it anyway- that is insane, we are not going to drive 50km away from KL to banting just to get something that is 40 cent cheaper over there. karut la KPDN nie hahahaha sebab tu la Malaysia nie still tahap Malaya lagi hahahaha

Farina said...

Lisa: Yeah, the side effect of having an increase oil price is the increase of other prices, kengkonon cost of transportation naik. But one thing for sure, when the government decrease the oil price (same figure in the 90s), harga makanan tetap sama. Kuih 3 rm1.00 jugak, bukan 4/5 macam tahun 90an. And as you said, the lack of enforcement probably the reason behind. That's what happening in Malaysia over and over again, rules and regulations has been implimented but enforcement still di tahap Third World Countries.