Saturday, January 1, 2011

Babymoon Part II- Kauai, Hawaii

Day 4

As what I wrote in the previous post, we were leaving to Kauai. Jai couldn't wait to stay in Kauai since his idea of vacation is sitting put at the hotel rather than sightseeing. Ada baby nanti bolehlah kita buat camtuh ye yang.


Our flight to Kauai took about 30-40 mins, we reached the airport at 1.20pm. We picked up our rental car at Hertz. In Kauai, I think it is a must to rent a car since their public transportation ie:bus only works to and fro the airport, not other destinations. I didn't realize this until a week before our vacation so most of the cheaper rental car companies like Budget has sold out of cars. So, do book early!

It was a bright and sunny day the day we arrived. We didn't do much on that day other than swimming at the pool and went out to a nearby town to buy groceries. Since we knew there's not so much options when it came to food in Kauai, we decided to buy a small rice cooker and brought it along. Sumbat masuk dalam luggage sekali dengan tin sardin segala. Turned up the rice cooker was very handy because we cooked almost everynight when we were there. Oh, baru teringat, that night I made some egg sandwiches and maggi goreng for our bekal during snorkeling trip the very next day.

Day 5

We headed out as early as 6.30am for our day cruise snorkeling trip. We have to be there by 7.15am and the port was 20 mins from our hotel. There are varieties of snorkeling trip, if you prefer snorkeling in the afternoon and later, watch the sunset, you could also book Sunset cruise trip. Although I'm not a morning person, I didn't book that one cos there were no whale and dolphin sightings included. There's few companies to choose from and I shortlisted to two, but then the other company won't allow pregnant women on board so, Captain Andy's was the company I finally picked. There's two types of cruise, either you want to go on a raft or a yacht. I, without doubt, chose the yacht. Gila kot naik raft melambung2 time pregnant. Hahaha.


So, they stopped at few spots for whale and dolphin sightings. They have few rules when it comes to whale sighting like they must stay one yard away to avoid hitting them. But most of the times, the whales were actually the one that came to us (most of them are juvenile whales) so we get to see them closer. Dolphin jangan cakaplah, main berenang2 je tepi boat. Comel =) 

That's a humpback whale


Super-cute dolphin swimming by our boat


I was hoping  the weather would be nice to us for snorkeling but because the weather was cloudy the entire trip and there were not enough sunlights which means you couldn't see anything down below, they didn't allow us to snorkel. Hampa sedikit di situ. Plus, the current was strong so maybe dorang takut jugak kitorang terhanyut ke tengah laut. 

The cruise provides snacks, fruits and lunch too. But, they have no vegetarian option for lunch so that was why I packed some food.

The trip back was quite stressful. The waves were rough and it was a really bumpy ride. I swear I could feel my baby bouncing in my womb during the entire trip back. I was praying the placenta was strong enough to hold my baby in position.  I lay down to ease the seasick, at this point of time I think everyone started getting seasick too including Jai. The one thing that kept me calm was when I saw there were other 2 pregnant women that apparently looked  okay, although one of them threw up towards the end of our trip. So, personally, I don't recommend going for a snorkeling cruise during pregnant unless you know the waves aren't so strong.

We reached home at 2pm and took a nap. Woke up from nap and felt baby was kicking again. Thank god! Dia pun mabuk gak duk dalam perut kot, luckily she recovered! Pastuh pergi mandi pool lagi =) At night, we bought in-room movie ie: Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps and tucked in early. 


Day 6

We didn't have any plans other than going around the island. Kauai is a small island so basically you could actually circle the island in 2 hrs. We stopped at few places to buy some souvenirs, had shave ice (lagi!) and scenic stops to take piccas!



Hanae Beach
 Kerja favorite saya: Menconteng pasir




It was drizzling the whole day so we didn't really had the chance to stop at many places. Reached hotel at about 4pm and it was time to pack our stuffs =( Jai did the laundry while I cooked. Senang basuh baju siap2, sampai rumah gantung je.



Day 7

Our flight was at 10.30am, so around 8am, we took a quick stroll at the hotel to capture their beautiful landscape. It was still raining on that day, elok nak balik bilik, hujan turun lebat mencurah2. 

Our hotel pool and its beautiful landscape


Obviously nothing much this day except that, there was a full body scanning machine at Kauai airport which was surprising given the fact it was a small airport. We didn't encounter those machine in Sacramento and Honolulu Airport which were much bigger. Anyway, I opted out and had a pat down which was not so bad actually. The TSA officer was nice and she actually asked me whether I want a private screening which I nicely declined.Reached home sweet home at 11pm, hungry and I decided to cook nasi lemak that very night. Hahaha. Lapar makanan Malaysia.


In all, I think this is the best winter break vacation I've ever had so far. Even Florida couldn't beat this trip, maybe because we had a cold front when we were there last year.

So, the next destination of Winter Break: hmmmm, I haven't decide yet since I really wanna go to somewhere warm. Perhaps, another island in Hawaii or Death Valley or Mexico (nak kena kidnap dengan drug-cartel leh la) or BoraBora,Tahiti (berangan celebrity Hollywood)?






4 comments:

Melissa Imran said...

best best.. need to poison imran's mind on getting a trip to Hawaii!! arghh!!

Farina said...

Racun pesticide terbaik!! Hehe. If you have decided to visit Hawaii, do let us know. Kitorang leh menyibuk sama =)

Ayu said...

Syoknyaaaaa... Dapat tengok ko nye gambar ni ala-ala aku dah 50% pergi Hawaii. Boleh gituh? ;p

Farina said...

Ayu, bolehla 50%. Lagi 50% kena pi tengok dengan mata kepala sendiri. Nanti dah jadi lecturer, kita carik conference kat Hawaii. Ada 2 conference time aku pi hari tuh, memang tempat org buat conference nox Oahu tuh. Bila lagi kan?