Pregnancy note @ 24 weeks
- That is equivalent to 6 months. And I don't look like a 6-month pregnant woman. When I was 3 months pregnant, I overheard a conversation between a salesgirl and a 6 month pregnant lady in a maternity shop and imagining my belly would be that huge in 3 months time, but it did not.
- But my belly has been growing steadily in the past few weeks. Many people commented how tiny my bump is and I didn't look like I'm expanding or putting on weight. I don't know whether I should be grateful or worried, but as long as it doesn't interfere with baby development, I should be grateful.
- I still could not take my hands off donuts, particularly maple-syrup donuts. I went ahead to ask my midwife about whether I should stop eating donuts in fear of having gestational diabetes. " You know what, I could not say no cos you only gained 6 lbs after 5 months ,so go ahead, but do eat the donuts with some nuts cos too much fried food will cause heartburn". Dalam kepala, dok sibuk buat conversion lbs to kg, ape 2.7 kg saje aku naik? Oh, dia kira dari pre-pregnancy weight, yang weight loss dari hasil muntah dalam toilet bowl tuh tak kira tau. Ape pun, I'm thankful that the digits on the weight scale didn't go down like it used to be when I was in first trimester. 16 weeks to gain another 7.3kg, boleh kot, insya-allah.
- I bombarded Jai with too many questions right after the check-up " I eat a lot kan? Like A LOT? Like more than what I used to before pregnant kan? To my relief, he said yes. Suami saya honest, kalau dulu tanya saya buncit tak, dia cakap haah, awak buncit. Straight-forward ok.
- Heartburn has been missing in action for few weeks now =)
- To date, we can tick off baby clothes from baby's checklist. Other stuffs could only be settled after we move in to our new apartment.
- Baby still tak ada nama lagi. Finding a girl's name starting with F was so much difficult than we thought. Letak nama Fatimah je la senang kan.
- Exactly a month from now, I will be entering the third trimester. I'm going to take the glucose challenge test next month as well. Excited to drink that super-sweet sugar drink but not so excited to wait at the clinic for 2 hours.
- Midwife Blanche has assigned me to observe baby's movement pattern. I guess she wants me to get ready with 'fetal kick count' during my third trimester.
- So far, baby is not a morning person either. She was before Hawaii! But somehow, she changed her sleeping pattern tiba-tiba. She is most active during the day when I'm working and then, later at night when mommy is going to bed. Oh, she is good at waking up her daddy too. If daddy tak nak bangun tidur, tarik tangan letak atas perut, suh dia tendang then Jai will immediately get up, terkejut. Good job baby, high five!
- I felt my tummy hardened once in a while and asked Blanche what was it. And to my surprise, she said "It's Braxton Hicks, my dear".. Oh, already? All this while, I thought people got it when they are near labor. Rupenya you can feel it as early as mid-pregnancy. Sometimes, it feels like baby is pushing down, but it is painless.
- Borrowed this book from library today. Amboi, nak lawan doktor nampak? Hahaha.
11 comments:
that book looked too heavy for any good.
but it's good for one thing at least.
your baby's name.
--Friedman
Babeh. Dun worry about your bump size ok. Just take good care of yourself. Banyak kawan i bila dah nak masuk 9 bulan tu baru perut nampak macam sumbat bantal. hahaha. so enjoy it while it last. Sebab nanti kalau dah stage sumbat bantal tu mesti susah nak move. hehe. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy ok. :)
YH: Don't judge the book by its cover/thickness lah YH. This book has a lot of flow charts and the text is in the point bullet form.So, it is not really a heavy reading unless you are from a non-science background. Well, it just surprised me that I found this book in the vet library. Hahaha.
Dot: Thanks babe! I macam tak risau sangat pun sebab midwife pun tak concern sangat dengan berat badan I. Cuma bila dok compare dengan orang lain punye perut, rasa cam was-was pulak dalam hati. But every pregnancy and every woman is different kan. At least bila u cakap ada kawan you yang carry small, hati I lega sikit =)Thanks again dear!
YH: Friedman for my girl's name? Translate BM jadi "lelaki goreng?" Hahaha.
Farina,
I like Fatimah!! I like such a short simple name because mine is unnecessarily long hahaha. I want to name by daughter Mariam nanti. It may sounds obsolete in her time, yet it carries a good meaning :D
I asked my mom. She said it is normal kalu still kecik based on her experiences. Bile last month, baru explode. On a bright side, at least your skin tak kena stretch sgt. Good for post-pregnancy recovery (dr segi kecantikan kulit la). HAHAHHAHA, I can totally imagine Jai ckp "Ha'ah buncit!"
Nama F for girls memang susah nak cari. That's why orang yg name start huruf F for girls are special *ehem ehem* Seriously, kalu dah tak jumpe gak nama, you are more than welcome to use my name. Just change the spelling: Fay Yen ke? hehehehehe~
Lisa: I am grateful that my dad gave me a one word name. So, we definitely gonna stick with that. Senang kalau nak belajar overseas *amin*. Fatimah? I'm just making it up lah Lisa, hehe. But Mariam does sound classic!
Yoong: You call mak u ke lepas baca blog I? If yes, that's so nice of you =) Tak habis2 promote nama dia, hahaha. But I do agree girls name start huruf F special *ehem ehem jugak*. In Islam, it is actually the responsibility of a father to name their child. So, I'll definitely will put that name on the list, but it is up to Jai for the final decision.
P/S: Yoong, u still ada masa nak bodek Jai :P
kak farina and abg jai
tahiah ye! alhamdulillah murah rezeki tu. :D
saya pun berdebar2 juga ni. tapi lambat lagi. hujung tahun.
jaga kesihatan wokey? :D
Pali:
Congrats to you and Fahima!! So, kandungan baru lagi lah nih kan sebab hujung tahun due? Anyway, jaga wife baik-baik, tengah baru tuh.Kalau dia teringin apa2, pi carik gak tau sampai ke lubang cacing.Hehehe.Hope to see you back in the US soon =)
baby girl's name;
= Farisha....
cadangan semata-mata...
Cadangan ditolak. Hahaha. Adik jai nama farisha gak.
Post a Comment