Friday, March 11, 2011

When natural disaster strikes

I was still in lab at 7pm yesterday, checking my email for one last time before heading home. The internet was slower than usual. I wonder " Hmm, which country this time?"

As what I have been told by our IT officer back in Malaysia, the internet will usually go down as a result of an earthquake.

I was watching Grey's Anatomy in bed around 10pm when the local channel announced a breaking news "A 8.9 magnitude earthquake strikes Japan and a tsunami warning has been released for Japan and Russia ". A  few minutes later, they showed a live footage of giant tsunami waves hitting the Japan coast. In a blink of eye, everything was swept away by the big waves.


I was devastated. It was DEVASTATING! It reminded me of this little girl I met while doing practical in Indonesia. Her little brother was in Acheh when the tsunami struck and til now, his body has never been found.


No matter how prepared Japan is with regards to earthquake, nothing beats Allah's will.

"His Command, when He intends anything, is only that He says to it, "Be' then (and there) it is - (Kun Fayakun)" - Verse 82, Sura Yasin

No comments: