Friday, October 7, 2011

And here's to another counting!

As what I imagined,saying goodbye to family is not easy. Every time tears started to roll down excessively, I keep reminding myself, it will be only 17 months before we will be reunited again. I survived 2 years and I will survive another 1.5 years. This time for good.

Back in Davis, I was greeted with a letter from the hospital about an overdue payment which made me depressed even more. It doesn't stop there, I was shocked and disbelief realizing how much I owed the hospital. Faliela is already 5 months and the insurance company made me go crazy with their way of handling payment. And the truth is, I could not afford US health bills. It was my mistake for being ignorance and I was left with a debt that I could not pay, even after selling both our cars and anything that we can sell. I'm hoping for a leniency from the hosptal, so again, pray for me.

Research wise, I see light at the end of the tunnel. I might have to walk another 17 months along the tunnel, but in the end I will see hope. Insya-allah.


Hidup umpama roda. And right now, I hit the bottom of it. When my life hit bottom, I began to feel much better. I knew that if there was going to be any change, it would be for the better.

Positive vibe, please remain :D
 


6 comments:

K said...

Hey, just read this. If you need any help, let me know and I can try to help in any way possible. Debts are not fun. Take care and I'll pray for you too!

ruru said...

it's fine kak.
pengalaman hidup.
lepas ni kalau ada laluan yg susah senang nak face through.
all the best!

shila ariff said...

ye..kejap kita akan atas..kejap kita kat bawah...sebab itu kita perlu sentiasa tgk ke bawah..supaya kita sentiasa bersyukur dengan apa yg kita ada, bersyukur dgn apa yang Allah SWT kurniakan kepada kita...kalo kita tgk atas je..kita jadi org yg tak bersyukur..sbb kita hanya tgk org yg serba mencukupi..tapi kita tak sedar org lain yang tak mencukupi..hidupnya yg serba kekurangan berbanding kita...

Semoga Allah SWT memberikan kecekalan hati, semangat yang tinggi kepada ko dalam menghadapi setiap dugaan dariNya...amin...

p/s: muhasabah diri..di setiap hari......

Melissa Imran said...

Apa kes dengan insurance tu, did you mean Global Exchange? care to share?

ijannina said...

U can write to get waiver, cited reasons. Dulu my senior pernah buat, the insurance company waived us$7k. Just give it a try

Farina said...

Kumi: Thanks for the offer.Lets just pray they will be lenient to us :D

Ruru: Itulah, asam garam kehidupan orang kata.Sekarang baru tahu betapa susahnye mak bapak carik duit untuk kita. Now it's our turn pulak :0

Shila: Thank you!Dah rasa cam kaunselor bimbingan pulak. Hehe. Insya-allah time2 cam nih lah baru rasa nak bersyukur dengan ape yang tuhan bagi.Kesimpulan to self, don't take things for granted.

Lisa: Kalau free nanti kita chat in private or call je lah k. X larat nak tulis pepanjang kat sini.

K.Mon: Yes, that is what I'm gonna do. Sekarang tgh tunggu official bill statement from hospital.Saya dapat tahu pun sebab call insurance company tanye.Dah dapat hitam putih baru saya nak proceed dengan appeal to reduce the cost.Anyway, thank you for sharing!