Thursday, December 1, 2011

How I celebrated my Thanksgiving weekend!

OMG.I feel like it has been ages since the last time I wrote in this blog.I am catching up with motherhood that is.

Anyway, we just had a long weekend holiday, my favorite American holiday ie: Thanksgiving.

It kicked off on Wednesday evening while I was still in lab running my sample and jai called. I picked up my phone and cepat2 cakap " Boleh cakap cepat sikit tak, saya tgh busy nih" He was like " I got the job! Yahooo!!!" And then hung up. Boleh?

Despite my ruined experiment on that day, I was glad Jai got the job. Finally, an office job! Normal working hours! Off on weekend! Just few weeks prior, he applied to another department and we were worried sick as he got less pay than usual cos it was a tip-basis job. Anyway, alhamdulillah, syukur to Allah, he got the job he has always wanted and now, I don't have to worry if I have experiment running past 5pm.Plus, I got to see my husband wearing office attire every morning :) Ahhh, I always like smart-looking men ;p

Ok, back to the holiday, we did not go shopping during wee hours like last year. We don't want to drag Faliela in cold weather. So, we decided to shop early in the morning ie: 7am as most stores still offer extra 10% discount on top of already discounted price until noon. We went to Vacaville and later to San Francisco!


Pagi2 dah kena teman mommy and daddy shopping!

In San Francisco, after 10 hours of shopping!


For the first time ever, we learned how to take a BART (LRT) around SF.

We decided to stay overnight in SF just because lately, we had no chance to do family outing cos Jai didn't get his day off on weekends. Plus, there will be no more staying at Hyatt after this so we took this golden opportunity to spend quality time together. Ingatkan dah jadi mak, takdelah beria sangat nak shopping, but it was the other way around. We spent almost 10 hours shopping! Faliela was cooperative all the time, thank god!

 San Francisco view from the 25th floor of Hyatt building. Oh, I love SF so much!

We headed home the next day, after feasting on Malaysian food of course! And so the turkey business begins!

This year, I voluntereed myself to roast turkey for Thanksgiving Dinner. So, here it is.. my first time roasting a turkey! The meat was quite dry but overall, I like how the meat tasted! (puji masakan sendiri tak menahan)


The chef who glad she did not burnt her first roasted turkey
Mommy and daughter all in red!


There are so much thing I need to blog about, my breastfeeding experience so far etc. but time flies so fast, I don't even have time to shave my legs. 


I don't know when the next post will be as Jai will be pulling double job until Christmas and I will be the one taking care of Faliela from the moment she wakes up until she hits the bed. Ok, nak pegi shave jap (haha!) See you guys hopefully soon!

Last but not least, Hyatt, you will be missed!




3 comments:

Teh said...

comelnya failela ni.....


dah shave ke belum farina? kikiki

Ayu said...

Alaaa, comelnyee Faliela. Xboleh tgk gambar dia, rasa nk cium screen laptop ;p Tahniah utk Jai dpt kerja baru, tahniah utk ko sbb berjaya roast a whole turkey, mmg impressive gila! :D Selamat menjaga budak kecik tu, tp anak ko baik nox, syukur sgt2. Semoga bahagia selalu. : )

Farina said...

Teh:

Clean and clear :p

Ayu:

Haha. Nanti kita skype dua lah, susah skype beramai2 nih. Then, aunty ayu leh cium faliela virtually :)