Wednesday, May 27, 2009

2nd honeymoon in SF...

I love SF!!! What took me so long to realize???... Marah pada diri sendiri sebab asyik delay my trip to SF... Anyway, I've been living in the city ever since I was born, so I miss life in a big city so much..................

A fact to know : Davis-SF is only 1 hr and 15 minutes away.. I can picture myself going to SF every month after this..

So, here are the pictures ....

1st day Lunch : BangSan Thai... A must-go Thai halal restaurant if you're visiting SF..

Accomodation: JW Marriot. Jai belanja.. wink...

While strolling along the street in downtown SF, I saw these... A dog, cat and mouse sleeping side by side... I was amazed...


This is MUNI.. One of transportation other than bus in SF.


Chinatown.. Teringat pasar malam tgk apek nih beli sayur.. Huhuhu


Inside Aquarium of the Bay.. Not so much marine creatures inside, Underwater World in Langkawi is so much bigger. Only that, you can see jellyfish and giant octopus in this place.. Belakang saya tuh adalah jellyfish..



Dinner : Singapore Malaysian Restaurant, it is a non-halal restaurant. So, I ordered Penang Assam Laksa and Jai ate Nasi Lemak Sambal Udang.. Mangkuk saya clear, takde baki kuah langsung! Then, we ordered Char Kuey Tiaw balik makan kat hotel..




Muka saya yang buruk lantak dapat makan laksa...



Jai yang belasah makan Char Kuey Tiaw saya.. huhuhu



2nd Day :

Pier 39.. You can see big ships, seafood restaurant and Alcatraz from afar.

On the boat to Alcatraz..


Inside the Alcatraz. It was a small prison, and reserved for prisoners yang suka cari pasal in another prison... Sadly, there was no death punishment conducted here.. So, harapan saya nak tgk tempat orang kena gantung tak dapat..


Next destination, Golden Gate Bridge.. The weather was cloudy, windy and chilly, explaining why tak nampak the whole Golden Gate Bridge..



Anyway, this place is famous for people to commit suicide, so they provide telephone booth for those people yang mula2 rasa confident nak terjun, pastuh serba-salah... Macam2 peel lah ko nih mat salleh...
Next, Lombard Street.. As described by Wikipedia, it is the most crookedest street in the world, has eight sharp turns resembles tight hairpin...


We climbed the stairs along the Lombard Street.. Rumah2 kat situ sangatlah cantik , plus landscape yang penuh dgn bunga..


Then, I insisted on going to Castro Street. Yang dalam film gay 'MILK' tuh... Jai confused apakah masalah aku dengan gay.. Saje suka tgk dorang.. Anyway, I snapped this picture while in the car, you can see banyak gila kaum Adam kat situ yang jalan berdua-duaan..

Final dinner in SF, New Yorkers Buffalo Wings restaurant.. Halal restaurant serving Western Food.. Sedap nak mampus ok.. Sila lah singgah sini kalau datang SF.. I ordered Philly Cheese Steak, sebab teringat suka bagi makan Penguin dalam Haikoo Zoo in FB.. hehehe

I saved the best for last......... Inilah gambar yang paling saya suka... Terkejut saya bila nampak kedai nih.. Jai sent me the exact same picture few years ago, not knowing the shop is in SF!!! I think this shop is a restaurant, unfortunately it was closed that day..


Oh.. Parking in SF is wayyyyy toooooo expensive.. Because SF is so crowded, so I think they want to reduce the usage of cars on the island... We spent 50 bucks to park our car for 2 days.. So, it's better to just take train from Davis to SF and get familiar with SF transportation system... And SF's weather is unpredictable.. Almost to winter temperature when we were there, and I only brought my thin hoodies.. Huhuhuhu...All in all, this is the most unforgettable honeymoon I've ever had.. (honeymoon pun baru 2 kali, kecoh plak kan)....

Note to hubby:
We must at least go to SF once or every other month.. Ok?? Oh, and thank you very much for not getting cranky although you didn't slept for 24 hrs on the first day we arrived in SF.. I know you are super duper tired after working that night, and then had to drive to SF, and then kena layan saya yang suka tangkap gambar.. Thank you sebab belanja saya tidur kat Marriot, although saya tak kisah pun tido kat Super 8. Thank you, thank you, thank you.. I love you...

9 comments:

intan suriati said...

saje nak komen sket.nak bagitau dgn ini aku akan menjadi stalker ko yang baru dgn membaca blog ko secara religiously hahahha dah bookmarked dah,kalau tak update siap ko..aku maki terus,penat bukak laptop tau hahahha

Farina said...

Hahaha.. ala,ko kan menganggur sekarang, setakat bukak laptop tuh tak basah ketiak pun nyah oii.. Ok, aku baru ingat nak kutuk ko kat blog.. hahaha.. Anyway, silalah tinggalkan komen yang bermanfaat okeh...

Alice said...

SF is in my list-to-visit. Tp tak sure la bila I nk sampai sana since Northeastern and Southern (Florida) pun tak sampai lagi.

And u made me wanna go even more, esp sbb ader dua tmpt makan yg halal i boleh pegi (tired of eating Subway and Fillet-O-Fish during vacation, huhu)

Farina said...

Aira, there are so many halal restaurant in SF, but kitorang sempat pergi 2 aje.. You know kan zabihah.com? All the reviews are quite accurate gak la.. Same here, kitorang tak tau bila nak sampai east coast, sebab sini pun banyak place to visit..

Anonymous said...

Hi Farina,

Nicely narrated.... brings back me old memories in San Fran....

Huda K.~

Ayu said...

Woit, aku dh tgk gambar full version kat Facebook. Nampak mcm seronok gle lah SF!! Aku pon tringin nak p.. ;D

Farina said...

Huda,

Welcome to my blog.. Are you in States rite now?

Ayu,

Silalah rancang trip anda seterusnya ke SF ek.. Sementara aku ada kat sini, leh aku bawak hangpa pi jalan2.. Oh, Jai nye first impression bila sampai SF, dekat toll plaza.. Dia cakap, awat SF nih cam Penang jer.. Hehehe..

Anonymous said...

Dear Farina,

Nope... currently in the Netherlands. Found your blog thru Aira's, and i was one of your silent readers... tapi akhirnya i'm urged to leave words hihihi

Salam perkenalan

Huda K.~

mon said...

I love SF!!! Not too busy, not too secluded ~ just perfect.