I am glad that the Malaysian government are not dumb enough to increase the public universities tuition fees during economic downturn.
Yesterday, the University of California Board of Committee approved 32% hike in tuition fees for undergraduate starting next academic year. That's a large sum of money you know!
Hubby was on the way to work when he saw so many police cars on campus, called me and asking what they were up to.
I know already the UC Davis students must have been protesting against the hike. UCLA and UC Berkeley have been doing so since yesterday.
Though I'm not affected by the hike, I felt sorry for those who were. Few months ago, they imposed furlough and salary cut on the UC staffs. I don't know what else they will do to make the poor suffer even more.
Anyway, I've always liked how Americans can freely expressed their opinion. Just looking at how American kids were talking among each other made me realized they have been taught to express their opinion since early age. Like the video below:
But of course, I do not condone the act of slashing tires of police cars by students. That was just excessive. Kesian abang polis hensem kena tukar tayar sejuk2 nih.. *wink*
And for now, I'm just hoping there will be no more absurd increase of any fee until the economy gets better.
No comments:
Post a Comment