Friday, December 11, 2009

Food dilemma

Whenever I went to a conference or party, I had trouble to find food that I could eat.

Like just now, I went to my department's Christmas potluck party and I just didn't know which one on the spread that I could actually eat.

I don't want to be rude asking people what they brought and whether they contained meat or not.So, I end up choosing few dishes that I thought of having no meat inside. But,I selected one dish that I didn't know had chicken. So, I squezzed them over to far end of the plate.

Then, it was time for dessert.I took a slice of cake.I tasted it and there was a strong odor of alcohol. But I was not sure.So, I took another bite and at the same time, I heard someone over the other side of table asking whether the person that made the cake put alcohol in it.

And...

I didn't hear the answer but I guess she must have put rum in it cos otherwise the person won't be asking. So,there it goes... Another plate into dustbin.

Next Tuesday, my supervisor is hosting a Christmas party at her house. Another dilemma. Huh. I guess I should bring food that I can eat so that I won't end up being hungry!

On another note, my deepest condolences goes to my ex-classmate, Teh Hamizah whose brother-in law passed away in an accident. Full story in Buletin Utama, Dec 11. Her sister was married to the brother-in-law for just 4 hours before he passed away. Let us recite Al-Fatihah.Amin

3 comments:

Alice said...

i so~ know that dilemma!

oh no, i'm really touched with the tragic news. i simply cannot imagine being in the bride's shoes. i even had tears in my eyes.. ='( al-fatihah

shila ariff said...

oh my god..citer tu aku tau le..mmg tragis sangat..baru 4 jam dinikahkan..satu famili meninggal..

p/s: boleh le ko berdiet..huhuhu..

Farina said...

Aira: Al-Fatihah

Shila: Aku hanya akan berdiet kalau berat melepasi 60 kg kot. Sekarang macam tuh jer berat aku.