Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Huh! What a day! *&!@%*#*

It was only 3 days since school started and I nearly choked to death twice!

On the very first day, after the professor didn't show up for a class that I enrolled, I received an email saying the professor canceled the class this quarter because of under-enrollment. He will offer the course every other year which is winter next year. Basically, I'm screwed cos that is the only Virology class for graduate students and I need to take that class to prepare for my qualifying exams. How dare he canceled the class!

Later, after consulting my supervisor, she suggested taking a Virology undergraduate class. Erk! Saya sangat tak suka amik undergrad class sebab susah nak score :(  After signing up for that class, I found out we will be having quizzes every 2 weeks! Punah harapan nak bersenang-lenang. Ces! Then, I was not so sure whether an undergrad class will fulfilled my remaining elective requirement, so if it is not I'll have to take another grad class. Choked to death lagi!

Anyway, after being convinced that the class was easy by my labmate who used to be a teaching assistant for that course, I signed up and went to the first class (actually second, tapi missed the first class), it was not that bad. At least, I understood the lecture bukan macam kelas molecular biology, ternganga meleleh air liur je keluar dari kelas kan. Plus, I found out that an upper division undergrad class is sufficient to fulfill the requirement. Fuh, nasib baik.

That means, I will finish all required classes this quarter and next quarter, I just have to sign up for seminar and concentrate on my quals!!!! Yeay, lega ok. Korang mesti tak paham ape lah yang aku tulis nih. Takpelah, layan je lah babe. Orang buat Ph.D memang senang kena sakit jiwa :P

5 comments:

shila ariff said...

kalo 'sakit jiwa' ini..takpe..jgn real sakit jiwa..dah le..

kui kui kui...ada faham ka???

Ai de Alice said...

i faham babe... =P

bestnya u dah nak qual. lps tue hawaii kan? =)

Farina said...

Shila:

Tak faham sangat, tapi buat2 faham jelah.. hehehe.. dah mengong dah nih..

Aira:

Babe, nak nanges babe.. I memang tak suka winter quarter. Cepatlah, I rela study untuk quals dari amik exam 2 minggu sekali.Tulah, bile down je, duk berzikir Hawaai lah kan.. Hahahaha

zie said...

Sakit masa belajar takpe - jgn sakit betul...

Concentrate kat what u will achieve bila u berjaya complete kan nanti....insya allah...

Study smart kay..

owh..saya rindu time saya belajar hari tuh......

Farina said...

Zie:

That exact statement was what hubby told me; jangan pikir sekarang, pikir bila dah jadi lecturer nanti :)

I guess that is true!

Thanks Zie