Once I enrolled into a vet program, I knew I wanna be a small animal clinician. Though small animal rotation scares the pants off of everyone, it was a satisfaction when you saw your lil patient getting better everyday. I remembered taking care of Cindy, a dog who had a cataract surgery from the day of her admission until the end of my rotation (2 weeks) where I had to apply eye drop almost every hour. I visited her a week after my rotation ends and guess what? She still remembered me cos she was all around me when I entered her cage and she did that only to those she recognized. How enlightening to have that right? Ah, I always liked small animal :)
******* until*******
and she threw me the possibility of joining the academia. It was a big NO to me at that point of time. But soon, I realized it is a big commitment to enter the world of practitioners. You have to sacrifice a lot of your time on weekends, the pay is sucks for fresh graduate and the important thing is you could only treat the animals with all the resources you have but you could not invest your time finding the resources. That is one of the reasons why I joined the academia so that I could do research and search for the resources. Besides, I would like to lead a healthy family life.
Looking back, sometimes I regretted my choice not to become a practitioner especially when my lab is a part of animal hospital and you see owners bringing their pets, nurses running around and vets giving consultation to the owners. It just brings the joy back into my heart, uplifting my spirit of once-my-dream-job. Well, for the time being, let just hope by doing small animal research, I will be encountering small animal more often when I come back to UPM. I hope they won't shut me off from visiting small animal clinic now and then :)
And here are some of my collections during those good ol' days :) Enjoy and have a great weekend!




4 comments:
rindu saat2 itu...betapa cepat masa berlalu..we're getting old times to times...huhuhu..tapi hati sentiasa muda ok...huhuhu..
aku on the other hand, not even once did i mention b4 that i wanted to b a practitioner..tup2 bukak klinik plak..allah punye kuasa kan,kite merancang...bdw,passion is the key,no matter what..nanti dtg klinik aku k,kite bukak hospital pulak :)
i suka giler tgk gmbr u - u looked so professional!
btw farina, u inspired me to write a post on something along this line. *mula2 i taip as a comment bt realized that it's too long. nnt u check it out kay (like much later, bcoz i'm going to leave to DC for 3 days as my spring break retreat)
Shila: Haah, rindu sangat2 zaman itu walaupun penuh kesengsaraan. Kalau ulang balik aku nak ulang part buat rotation je, yang bab2 peperiksaan terutama comprehensive exam tuh boleh skip. Hahaha.
Intan: Itulah intan. Rezeki ada di mana-mana aje. Aku suke ko ade klinik, boring2 leh aku datang lepak tgk ko buat surgery. Aku kena buat rumah kat Kelana Jaya lah macam nih. Hehehe.
Ai: Hahaha, kitorang bile tgk senior pakai scrub suit, semua tak sabar nak masuk surgery sebab nampak cam best and professional. Tapi bile dah masuk, tuhan aje yang tau betapa seksanye kelas itu. Kelas best, cikgu je yang tak best :P
Have a safe trip to DC! Ok I'll check it out for sure!
Post a Comment