Monday, April 26, 2010

Should I or shouldn't I?

This has been the 4th time she commented about my scarf. 'She' is referring to one American makcik whose lab next to mine.

Everytime she saw me in the hallway, she complimented "Your scarf is so nice"

And the other day, "Your scarf is so beautiful. I like it!

Well, she was not the first person. I met one American undergrad who worked as a lab assistant in another lab who also commented on different colors of scarfs I had. So, one day, I offered her a 'tudung bawal' which I had never worn and I taught her how to wear it. She looked cute though!

So, my question is should I offer the makcik with one of the collections of my scarfs? I'm thinking of giving her a shawl rather than tudung bawal since I have so many shawls. Probably I should start with a little talk about the weather (duh?)  then whenever she bring up the same topic again, "You know what, I brought a new scarf for you if you wanna try". How about that? :)

5 comments:

Ayu said...

Errr, susah la nak jawab soalan ni. Mgkin dia suka tgk ko pakai, tapi dia sendiri takde la suka nak pakai pun. So cmne ye?

Anonymous said...

you should! i love random kindness :)

Farina said...

Ayu:

Aku ingat nak bagi je yang corak2 floral gituh, kalau die tak nak pakai atas kepala pun, die leh pakai kat tengkuk. Ntahlah, nanti aku small talk dengan die dulu. Hahaha.

Anon:

Yes, I think I should too. But don't wanna her misinterpret my act of kindness. We shall see :)

zewt said...

no harm giving them a taste of malaysian generosity...

Farina said...

Zewt, totally agree with you!