This post has been in my blog box since a while but I'm not ready to make it out open cos I'm not really good in politics. My experience in politics is merely by observing people and reading blogs. Nevertheless, I felt now will be probably the best time to let the cat out of the bag because of Hulu Selangor by-election.
I am a strong-supporter of UMNO before my father was thrown out from politics. I even had a fight with my roommate in school when there were rumors her father was going to challenge my father in the party election. I was only 14 years old but I was one of UMNO fanatics since I was little. Several years later, my father was suspended from UMNO because of money politics. But who doesn't? Don't be a fool, everyone was throwing money out of their pocket during election. Even in this Hulu Selangor by-election, Najib was giving out money publicly to Felcra people. What do you call that? An incentive? Bullshit.
Anyway, I've never really talked about politics with my father, but I had a hunch the reason he was thrown out just to give way to Datuk Aziz Shamsuddin, who were returning to politics. Don't get me wrong, it was not a big position but I saw what harm politics could bring to your life.
What I couldn't stand about people in politics is how easily people can be blinded with the circulating rumors without knowing which one is red or blue. I knew Zaid Ibrahim is/was a drinker several years ago. Anyone who has read his book " Saya Pun Melayu " could actually noticed he is a liberal when it comes to practicing Islamic rules. But what made it disgusting was why was the story of Zaid Ibrahim, an alcoholic-drinker came to the surface now, but not when he was in UMNO? That's why I couldn't stand politics either in Malaysia or even here in the US. It just that people will keep digging your hidden closet and if they find it , they'll keep it as their weapon until they feel they are being threatened by you. PKR, in the other hand has made a lot of wrong choices when it comes to candidate. For eg: Jamaluddin Radzi, an ex-postman was their candidate? He was even considered to be a Perak MB when PR took over Perak state. Thank god he didn't!
In all, if PKR wins, it will be because BN has a really bad strategy this time ie: tarnishing someone's personal life and believe me, people are sick reading the mainstream media because of these. The government just do not learn from their past mistakes. People do not want to read a bias media! If BN wins with a LANDSLIDE, then they proved me wrong, people probably started to open their arms to BN all over again. Lets just see!
My father? That old chap never quits. He contested in 2008 but he lost. I hope he realized one day, politics is just ruining his life.
5 comments:
Farina dear..
I hate politic... but I am one of penduduk Hulu Selangor... so I need to say that I am not surprised BN won... was told it's the most expensive election ever... and again.. not surprised! Other than that... I rest my comment.. huhu.
I second that Kak Runiza. My uncle works in MACC, quote from him "Yang dapat selalu ikan kecik, ikan besar selalu susah nak tangkap". The money they spent was the taxpayers' money, should we just watched they splurged our money in every by-election? I rest my comment as well :)
nice unbiased comment... always appreciated.
i think the general affluent society if getting sick of the state of our tanahair. those capable of leaving have left, or will leave while those who have no choice stay and fight (becos they have no other choice). to be honest, umno does not disgust me, it was founded on good principles. it's the fact that they can seemingly do anything they want at the expense of others which disgust me.
i wonder who your father is...
and... are you still a diehard umno supporter?
Zewt, one of the reason I followed your blog because you have different perspective in looking at certain issues and I hope you will remain that way.
My father is a nobody. He has no tertiary education, therefore I doubt he could go far in politics.
By reading my post, do you think I'm still a hardcore UMNO supporter? I doubt it :)
I shall try to remain non-partisan as possible. At the end of the day, we all want the best for this country. If umno can do the job, why not? just that they have not been convincing, not that pr is doing a better job either.
we shall all see...
Post a Comment