Thursday, June 24, 2010

The challenges of being a wife cum student

Most of the time I was able to cope with life being a wife+student (hint: bila takde exam)



Sometimes I wish I had more than 24 hours a day when exam is around the corner. I usually got home around 6-7pm and already feeling exhausted. Depends on the day, sometimes I will cook dinner if Jai is home. By the time I finished with house chores, it was already 9 or 10 pm. I usually cook lunch in bulk every Sunday and Wednesday  so that I don't have to cook everyday. But dinner is always a problem, tambah2 lagi bila tak tau nak masak ape. Dilemma bila nak pikir idea nak masak.

Lately, my routine changed a little bit because I need to study at night. I tried to leave the lab at 5 pm, went home and took a nap. It was my habit since school to take a nap before studying, just so that my mind is in its best condition.I was complaining to Jai yesterday about me not having enough time and I'm glad he understands my situation. In fact, everytime he saw me not studying, he will urge me to go back into the study room and locked myself in there. He promised if I don't have time to cook, he will try to cook or at least tapau food for us. I do not want to burden him since he was the one taking care of the laundry and Rocky's poo since we've been here. Tapi itulah, nak buat semua macam tak sempat. Sometimes I feel like crying for not able to do everything at the same time. Tuh belum ada baby lagi, pengsan......

Anyway, I just hope everything will turn out just fine for both of us. Am hoping perjalanan yang tinggal 2 bulan setengah nih dipermudahkan Allah. Insya-allah.



6 comments:

shila ariff said...

insyaAllah..Luck will be at your side everytime, everyday & everywhere..amin...:

Farina said...

Thanks shila. Aku aminkan lagi sekali. Amin! :)

Melissa Imran said...

so confirm ke decision nk abandon mercilon nie hehehehe ^_^

Farina said...

Lisa:
Lepas 2 bulan setengah nih, okay je rasenye sebab takde class dah. Sekarang nih mencabar sikit sebab kena pulun study. Decision has been made and I'll stick to my guns :)

kyani said...

Farina, same here.. rasa xcukop masa bila kena pulun research + make sure family xterabai. pastu terpaksa buat routine cooking on sunday (3 menu) utk mkn seminggu. Nk buat cemana... jgn risau, org tersyg mesti fahamnye...

Farina said...

K. Yani,

dulu saya buat cam kak yani. masak untuk seminggu terus, tapi masuk hari ke 3 dah boring.K.Yani lagilah, ade anak, respect orang2 macam k.yani. Lepas habis Ph.D, I'll make sure they will get rewarded for being patient :)