Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another good news =)

If this post were written 3 weeks ago, I would have named it differently... Probably "Eating for Two". But my current condition does not reflect that title. Ok, I know, I'm starting to sound like going around the bushes already.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
I think this picture tells it all



The series of pregnancy test I took, it turned out positive only at day 12 post-ovulation


And I just had my first ultrasound today. My baby is the size of a lentil bean =)




Baby is doing fine, we could see the baby's heart fluttered on the screen and we could hear the blood gushing in and out of the heart =) So, that's a good news. Baby should be 7wks+1day according to calculation, but according to the size, baby is now 6 wks+5dys. So,either way, it will be a May baby, insyaallah =)

Mommy was doing fine and eating well the first 2 weeks after the first positive pregnancy test. Then, last week, I started to develop morning sickness. Basically, I feel nauseous all day and I vomit at least twice a day, consistently at night. The initial 5 days was really bad cos I was fasting and I laid down all day cos I felt sick. Things started to get better after that although the morning sickness persisted. I read on the website it is good to eat small volume but frequently to avoid getting nausea and it helps a lil bit. Eventually, because of the nausea, I started to lose my appetite. Whatever I did or eat at night, I would still throw up. Yesterday, we went out for a dinner to celebrate then sampai rumah, baru kuar keta, segala tomyam, nasi, ikan, curry,  thai iced tea keluar balik. 

So far, Jai did a great job taking care of me. When I was so sick last week, he did all the cooking, laundry and house-cleaning. If I couldn't get any food down my throat, he will cook instant soup for me. Oh, he cooked laksa for me too sebab tibe-tibe teringin sangat makan laksa *Pat on his shoulder*.

I'll write in another entry what makes me decide to become pregnant in the first place. But I was using a fun tool to help me conceive which is known as body basal temperature (BBT) charting. Alhamdulillah,  dengan izin Allah, with only first try, I got pregnant! Will write another entry about that soon but yes, it is a good tool to pinpoint your ovulation regardless having a normal cycle or not. 

There's another 6 more weeks to go til the safe period,second trimester. Doakan saya dan baby sihat ek =) Amin.




26 comments:

ruru said...

kak,
congrats of doing well in both.
study and family.
ar, ilmu family tu jgn lupa letak.
soon saya bleh practice. haha.
selamat hari raya juga. maaf zahir dan batin.

masmuni said...

that is great!! alhamdulillah you passed ur test and now lil farina and jai is coming :) harap2 die born on 28th of may :P hehe

congrats kak and abg jai :)

Runiza said...

Awww Farina... this is a VERY good news indeed!!! :)
Congratulations dear! Take good care of yourself okay! :)

ms oy@ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

DRaqil said...

tahniah...for both good news. welcome to the mummy world

intan suriati said...

yeayyyyy!!!!! passed exam n dapat baby, what a combo! insyaAllah semua selamat...puas hati aku dapat tgk test kit n ultrasound ko hehehh happy for u babe!!!!

ZaritH said...

akak....
tahniah yer...kira berjaya lah semua misi dah kan? hihi

tahniah tahniah tahniahh...

LUTH ^_^ LUNA said...

congrats to both of u future mom and dad..insyallah dpt anak US ni..hehe...pandai plan...

Teh said...

Congrates Farina...for both studies and Farina and Jai Jr.

Tak sabarnya nak baca, ilmu family plan ko... Sangat-sangat nak tau, and sangat-sangat tak sabar nak praktikkan...

Hihihi....

-Teh

miss lili@ said...

farina... congrats !!! :) and selamat hari raya.. and take care ! and enjoy this beautiful journey ok! :))

Melissa Imran said...

aci tak nak congrate sekali lagi hehehehehe nnt nk apa2 barang idaman sila roger saya!!

syairah said...

alhamdulillah...
tahniah farina... tahniah segalanya..

Farina said...

Ruby: Thank you!Eh, blog awak gi mana ek? Delete ke? Nak baca post raya dekat Montreal.

Mas: Thank you! Ah, I remember that number, password voice mail akak, tak tukar2 lagi.Oh, due date adalah first week of May.Hehehe.

Kak Runiza: Thank you! Nanti kalau saya nak balik Mesia lepas bersalin, saya roger akak k. Kot2 nak esan barang :)

Farina said...

Oya: Thank you for keeping the secret =)

Fiza: Thank you!

Intan: Klinik ko ade ultrasound tak nyah? Kalau ade, nanti kalo aku pregnant 2nd time, kite main ultrasound machine klinik ko ek.

Farina said...

Zarith: Thank you! Alhamdulillah, double celebration lah nampaknye. Mummy die pass sebab rezeki baby.

Etty: Tulah, insyallah, made and born in the US. Born in UK pun glamer ok =)

Teh: Hahaha. Wah, tak sabar nak praktik. Nanti aku buat protected entry sebab isi kurang sesuai untuk tatapan umum. Tapi sebab aku tau ko nak kawin dah, aku bagi password kat ko nanti. Don't worry!

Farina said...

Lilia: Thank you. Your blog is one of my favourite blog when it comes to pregnancy journey :)

Lisa: Ok! Insyaallah nanti kite contact Lisa kalau ape2 k.

Syairah: Thank you =)

Teh said...

yeay! ni yang sayang kat farina ni...

ruru said...

ch33b33.blogspot.com
tukar link saja.
enjoyssss raya kat montreal. raya akak camne?

Anonymous said...

congrats, farina! sgt tumpang happy over this great news :)

Farina said...

Anon: Thanks!

Irna.. said...

Congrats farina!!happy for u..May baby...i LIKE!take care..

nina said...

tahniah farina.jaga baby elok2 ye....happy for u!

Anonymous said...

Congrats for both your pregnancy & berjaya in your QE!

Farina said...

Irna: Thank you. You take care too =)

Nina: Time kasih. Ko pun jaga baby baik =)

Anon: Thank you so much!

dot said...

oh i terlambat sket. Neway, Congrats babeh. Bestnye Rocky nak dapat adek. hehe. take good care of yourself ok.

Farina said...

Dot: Takpe, terlambat sket je. Hope you had fun in Taiwan! Thank you. Rocky selalu kena marah dengan I sebab die suka lompat terkejut2 atas perut. Tapi I tetap sayang die hehehe