Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm back! and..................

I passed ! Alhamdullilah:)


The last few weeks was torturing for me. With the amount of stress I had to handle and with me being unwell these past few days, I couldn't believe I made it :)

And of course, with a great support system surrounding me, ie: husband, friends in Davis and Malaysia, family, I made it through.

There were not so much drama during my QE. So, basically the first 1.5 hr is the part where I have to present my proposal. No powerpoint slides etc, just me and the white board.  There were a lot of questions but most of them were related to my research. And the next 1.5 hr, I was tested on basic knowledge which was also based on my research. They actually talked/arguing a lot with each other, so I let them discussed among each other to let the time pass. Good strategy huh :)

Oh, one of the professors ran late cos her daughter had a medical emergency, so I started off with only four of them. She came in after I finished presenting my proposal which was an advantage for me cos she is the only one that has more knowledge on what I'm doing. But she asked a lot of questions later though.


The exam started at 9.10am and finished at about 11.50am. They asked me to leave the room for few minutes and about 2 mins later, they called me and upon entering the room, they started clapping. I started to wonder " Did I pass? " They didn't say it out loud but then, each one of them congratulates me so at that point of time, I realised I have passed! Yeay! Then, after the chair of the exam signed a sheet of form indicating I have passed the exam, things started to become real. Kalau tidak, rasa macam terawang-awang je.Oh, the other outcomes you could get is fail or no pass. No one has failed the past 6 years in my group, but I don't want no pass either cos that means I have to repeat the exam. Uweeekk!

Anyway, when I stepped out of the room, my supervisor has already waiting for me outside of the room and the chair broke the news to her and she immediately gave me a hug! Awww! Then later, both my supervisors treated me for lunch at this fancy restaurant in Davis, Seasons. My other not-so-friendly professor hugged me too when I saw him at the restaurant. Terharu sungguh :) So, QE is really a big deal kan cos today only, I kept receiving hugs from people. Hahaha. Dah habis periksa baru rasa cam QE tuh cam penting.

So, life resume back to normal after this with one exception, I don't have to attend any class at all! I can focus 100% on research and hopefully 2-2.5 years from now, I will be graduating with a Ph.D.

As a memory, I would like to share the pictures of my study group. Just a remembrance of how hard we work to achieve to this point.

        My studymate, Julia passed the exam last 2 weeks                                          

My other studymate, Alanna, passed the exam on Sept. 3rd. Missing in the picture, Lauren passed the exam in August.


Stay tuned! More news to come :) And last but not least, thank you all for your support, readers. Hugs from me :)


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! yay!

masmuni said...

congrats kak~ :)

ms oy@ said...

congratulations!
so proud of you!

Farina said...

Thank you Anon, Mas and Oya :) Oh, and selamat hari raya.

shila ariff said...

tahniah farina!!!

Selamat Hari raya...

Melissa Imran said...

haihhh penat lisa tulis semlm, tak keluar rupanya hehehehe..

congrats byk2!! (tu la, penat aje stress kan :P) rezeki berganda utk anda and jai!!! lepas nie dah leh concentrate kat yg 'lain' pulak hehehehe

hugs!!

LUTH ^_^ LUNA said...

congarts farina...hepi for u...doakan aku sama ye..

Farina said...

Lisa: Hahaha takpe,lisa nak balik Mesia dah, banyak masa leh tulis comment banyak2 kali kat blog. Aah, double celebration lah cam nih. Tapi kena tangguh dulu kot, makan banyak2 pastuh kuar balik kan.. Anyway,selamat pulang ke Malaysia. Kalau tetibe I ngidam ape2, I contact you ek.

Hetty: Ko lum viva lagi ek? Anyway, good luck to you too. As long as you know your research very well, pass punye, jangan risau =)

Farina said...

Shila: Selamat Hari Raya and thank you!