Pregnancy note @ 12 weeks
- The last time I threw up was 2 weeks ago. Could I declare I am free of pregnancy sickness now? Ok. I take that back. As I was writing this post, I threw up again :P
- I guess the reason I didn't feel like dressing-up was due to morning sickness. Now I feel like a normal healthy human being again. Only that I get drained out of energy easily.
- I think we're gonna opt for delivery by the midwife rather than the doctor. There are several kind of Ob Gyn practices in the US. The hospital where I'm going to deliver my baby has a combination practice where there are a combination of 5 doctors and 8 midwives. The patient has the opportunity to see every doctor and midwife before they finally decide which doctor/midwife for the delivery. 70% of the delivery (without complication) in this hospital was performed by the midwife. Entahlah, right now I feel very comfortable with the midwife. But I'll leave the option open at the moment.
- They won't be performing episiotomy (small incision at your vulva) to assist childbirth which was the same thing described by my friend who delivered at Scotland.
- I don't want an epidural but I'll leave this option open too as I'm worst at handling pain. And I don't know how bad the contraction pain will be.
- I will be having a nuchal translucent ultrasound as part of the genetic screening for detection of Down-Syndrome, Trisomy 18 and etc. etc. next week.
- Will probably know the gender during our next next check-up which is December. My mom was saying I should have some element of surprise in my pregnancy such as NOT knowing the gender of my baby. Hmmmm....
- Ok. This is gross and embarassing. But I am very gassy nowadays. Fart a lot and it smells like hell too. Hahaha. Don't worry, I won't release the stinky bomb in front of other people. Jai cakap baby poo-poo dalam perut kot :)
- My baby has grew from an embryo into a fetus at 10 weeks. So, no matter whether my baby is a boy/a girl, I'm going to call my baby, Baby F from now onwards.
- This marks the end of my first trimester. Gosh, I'm sooo not ready to become a parent. Will you ever feel ready? I guess we'll only be ready when the time comes.
4 comments:
yeay dah abes first trimester, congrats !!! :) enjoy the pregnancy journey and keep on writing! i'm glad i did coz looking back, i probably wont remember how did i go thru mine.. huhu.. ingat kan boleh ingat.. but cannot lah. bila bace2 balik my writing on my pregnancy experience, mesti macam "oooo... ok..".. hehe.
eh nak tanye, nape tak perform episiotomy? nnti tear, how? just an innocent query.. hmmm.
about the epidural tuh, yup, let the option open.. coz you'll never know! :) try to opt for the laughing gas or something first. i think la. coz macam my experience, the downside of having epidural performed was i felt nothing when it came to pushing.. huhu.. bila fikir2 balik sampai skarang rasa kesian kat khayr kena vacuum. sebab bukan sekali-dua dia kena vacuum then tersedut masuk balik.. but 4 kali! huhu.. kali kelima if tak lepas jugak doctor dah ready nak tolak masuk OT dah..
ANYWAYS. hope i'm not scaring you or what. just sharing of experience ok? ingat, lain orang lain experience.. so point is, yes, keep your option open! :)
Dekat holland, xdek episiotomy. Dan boleh berank kt rumah ngan midwife je. Kalu kat malaysia, HARAM beranak di rumah dan biasanya SEMUA org diEPISIOTOMIKAN.. SAKIT woo masa nak recover ... Heheh.. So, great! xyah episiotomy, cpat recover sket!
Lia:
Haah, nanti kalau second pregnancy at least can refer to our past writing.Nak buat diary cam takut misplaced pulak.
Anyway, about episiotomy tuh, what my friend in Scotland told me, in Malaysia buat episiotomy sebab nak baby cepat kuar. Actually baby can still be pushed out without having episiotomy unless baby stucked ke. Kak Yani is right, without episiotomy, the healing is much more faster cos bukan self-induced injury. I think tear is usually caused by pushing the baby when the opening is not fully dilated (ie:10cm). I haven't discussed with details with my midwife, I'll ask her more next check-up and will let you know.
That was one of the reasons why I don't want an epidural, takut tak reti bila and how kuat nak push since this is my first baby. But cakap tak nak, tak nak, kang kalau tak tahan sakit, kena amik jugak. I read banyak birth experiences and watched a lot of birthing process in TV (sini ada reality TV on giving birth), scary gile!! Hahaha.
Kak Yani:
Memang Europeand America tak buat episiotomy lah kot. I need to search a scientific journal lah to know why they are not opting for episiotomy. There must be a lot of reasons beside the healing process.
Yang haram beranak kat rumah tuh haram dari segi law ke? I didn't know that!! Yang hospital saya nih, kalau pakai midwife beranak kat hospital jugak. Tak nak lah beranak kat rumah, environment not so clean. And kalau ada complication, kena gi hospital gak. So baik beranak kat hospital terus. Kak Yani amik epi tak dulu?
Post a Comment