Black Friday
As I don't want to line up like the previous years, we headed out for a shopping spree at 2 am when people started to head home. I hit bed at 10 pm to get recharge before shopping but woke up at 11pm. The adrenaline rush made it harder for me to doze off so I end up watching TV until 2 am. Jai didn't sleep either.
Arrived at Vacaville factory outlet at about 2.30am, as what we expected it was really easy to find a parking spot. Coincidentally, we parked in front of Carter's and that was the first shop we went into. I didn't plan to buy anything for our baby just yet thus I didn't bring the baby's checklist. Plus, it will be much easier to shop for our baby if only we knew the gender, but we tried to grab few neutral attires considering the 50% discount they offered. Jai was really natural when it comes to shopping for baby gears. He said we should buy mittens to avoid baby from scratching their face, we should buy this and that, etc..etc..etc.
We ended our Black Friday shopping at about 6am. Didn't buy any bag this time cos they don't have any designs that capture my attention. Nevertheless, I headed home with several bags of clothes considering I will be 'expanding' in a few months. But the most interesting gadget I bought was this :
Tried it a few times, sometimes I get lucky to hear something that sounds like a heart beat. Sometimes, I just hear my stomach growling :P
Thanksgiving Dinner
This is the 3rd Thanksgiving Dinner I attended since I was here. Thanksgiving 2008 was actually the first event I felt I was assimilating with the Malaysians in Davis, so yes, thanksgiving is a really special occasion for me.Well, glad that we make it as an annual celebration or else, I will be drooling over someone's else roasted turkey.
I went to the lab and was back at home at 3pm and started cooking half-an-hour later. The dinner started at 6pm and I have 3 dishes to make. Jai helped me cutting stuff but still, I finished cooking 5 minutes before 6pm. But Malaysians are still Malaysians, hahaha, we started our dinner at around 6.45pm and I was starving cos the only food I ate that day was maggi kari.
Well, I let the pictures do the talking for the rest of the dinner.
Roasted turkeys
I made meat pie and shepherd's pie.
And mee goreng too. Oh, the bread pudding made by one of the Malaysians was delicious.
Turkey wings.
Us, stuffed with food.
Ok, I'm heading out to the gym. Need to work out after being a potato-couch for several days. Tata.





9 comments:
farina,
sebut pasal bag and you being pregnant, i teringat baby bag from kate spade yg I nampak masa kt outlet di orlando that day. then biasa, lepas tue follow up dgn online window shopping. nie yg i previously been eyeing.
http://www.amazon.com/AUTHENTIC-KATE-SPADE-X-RAY-COAL/dp/B003K3264C
bt, i'm sure banyak lagi in list tht you have to buy for the baby, hehe.
wa...there's even a pre-natal heart listener?
amazing.
is there also pre-natal video-conference set so you can skype with your baby F? hahaha.
wouldn't you hear too many sounds with that device? you know, our intestines and stomach make all sorts of noises...not just hunger growling sounds :0
Aira:I wanted to buy one at Carter's but then I need to match the color with the baby's gender. Bag pun kena match boleh? Hahaha. Wow, $275 for a baby bag? I don't wanna spend that much for something that I know will be filled in with only diapers and milk. Yes for a stroller but not for a bag. Hehehe. Anyway, thank you.
Yao Hua: Nope, I was surprised too cos it catch up a lot of noises coming from the environment but not from my stomach. Well, since the position of the baby is somewhere 2-3 inches under the nave, so probably the sound was concentrated more on that area rather than the gut area.
Oooh, making fun of me and my baby lah. Wait til you become a mother (which will be never) then you know how I feel :P
spelling correction *navel
farina: Ada org advice, jgn beli byk sgt baju newborn, takut baby cepat besar, xsmpat nk pakai bj baby pun. Bila baby dh keluar baru beli byk2.
Lain2 equipment beli bila baby dh kuar gak atau before 8 bln pregnant. (Ms 8 bulan pregnant, dh mcm tembikai dn cepat mengah, xkn berupaya jln lama2 +kaki sembab).
Eceli excited tgk gajet heart listener tuh..
itula, mahal. the one i saw kt outlet kate spade tue maybe dlm $65 jer, tapi i don't heart the design sgt. yg nie maybe sbb new arrival kot. so hopefully by the time I'm preggy, this $275 dah turun harga. basically kate spade is like coach equivalent, cuma not as mainstream. bt yeah, you got a point there!
Kak Yani:
Memang niat tak nak beli awal, tapi biasalah orang perempuan bila ada sale, tangan gatal nak beli kan. Tapi tak beli banyak pun baju newborn, ade 3-4 pasang je. Cukuplah tuh kan. Aah, betul tuh, first-time mother macam saya nih rasa cam nak beli semua je, padehal nanti tak pakai pun. Stroller, crib and carrier semua ingat nak beli bulan 2, time tuh last ade holiday sales. Nak tunggu bulan 4, takde sale dah. Breastpump pun saya nak beli lepas deliver je sebab ntah pakai ke tak, lagipun kat school saya memang ade breastpump. Thank u for the tips. Kena beringat sikit saya nih =)
Yang heart listener tuh ade jual kat ebay/amazon, lagi murah kot dalam $20. Saya sebab excited first time nampak benda tuh terus beli, tak survey pun =) Boleh simpan untuk future babies kak yani *wink*
Aira:
I bukan brand-conscious sebelum dtg US. Datang US pun kenal brand yang ade kat factory outlet je. Hehe. Nanti I survey kat website die, mane tau ade yang berkenan and murah. Anyway, thank you Maxxinista =)
P/S: You memang dah boleh jadi fashionista/fashion designer dah nih Ai.
farina,
i just found out abt your pregnancy and i am just super freakin excited for u, hehehe.. do take care ok?
hugs!
Tina:
Thank you babe! Hoping everything goes well with your pregnancy too.
*hugs*
Post a Comment