Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Winter way too soon

My most favorite US holiday, Thanksgiving Day has finally arrived and like every year, I am very thrilled!

Reasons being:

1. I get to eat roasted turkey.

Thanksgiving 2008. Yummy turkey golek!


 2. Black Friday shopping frenzy. Although after 2 years living in the US, I realized the price especially for clothes, handbags and things like that were as cheap as other holiday sales, but I like midnight shopping. It is just different =)

3. A 4-day off from work.


Husband gets 3 days off from work too so I kicked start the long weekend tonight by a Western style dinner, grilled chicken marinated with herbs.

Finger licking good babeh =)

And yes, with winter approaching sooner than it should be this year (as usual, cold means depressing), I don't want to stuck at home doing nothing at night, so I bought two PS3 games for a  berperang bonding session with Jai.


Yeah mommy, I'm depressed too watching the both of you yelling at each other while playing game and ignoring me =(


Have a nice weekend! For those in the US, Happy Thanksgiving! And to my Malaysian readers, enjoy the sunny and warm weather (kita trade weather boleh?)


5 comments:

OneDropH20 said...

eh, noticed that you actually have somebody from Wageningen, Holland reading your blog. I wanted to apply there as postdoc but in the end didn't.

what games you two brought? I envy you two can play games with each other. Almost every gamer's dream is to play with/against their significant other.

It's raining in the afternoon (thus traffic jams, leaking buses) and hot before the rain. Not sure if you rather want this than cool rains of Davis.

Kumi also looked very happy in that picture two years ago. Is she this happy this year too?

SO WHAT DID YOU BUY THIS TIME?
how many bags? haha.

Farina said...

Wageningen's visitor is my colleague/my senior at UPM, if you need her contact let me know.

We bought the lost planet and army of two based on Adilla's recommendation. You should see us playing, it's just the same like you playing Taboo. Hahaha.

I don't mind Malaysian's weather except for the sweating-like-pig part =)

Kumi seems a bit better nowadays, she has plenty of friends so don't worry. Her house will be the venue for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, so I'll post some pictures and what did I buy during Black Friday in the next post.

...... Aha, surprisingly, no handbags this time!

Ai said...

ughh, Winter. imagining myself in Winter already - dah lah baru balik dr Msia enjoying the warmth and love. balik sini duduk sorang2 and sejuk, huwaaaa.

luckily Raleigh's winter is milder (mcm you guys jugak). esp this year, i rasa Fall weather mcm panjang, which i like.

ijannina said...

I love thanksgiving too! the food and the shopping:). And it's not religious-based or anything, so you can happily celebrate without doubt.

Farina said...

Aira: I think I might wanna try harsh winter weather next year. New York perhaps? Tak nak lah pegi atas lagi, takut frost bite pulak. Enjoy the warm and sunny Malaysia babe, sebulan tuh you balik.. Puas hati =)

Kak Mon:

Yep, yep that's true. The food and shopping were irresistible!