Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hang in tight baby F!

After having sleepless nights over the weekend with both my eyes turning monster-red, feeling my eyeballs going to pop-out from the socket everytime I cough, I conclude this is probably the worst cold I've ever had in my entire life. Being in an immunosuppressive state, meaning my body is not in its best condition to fight any infections and relying on natural cough remedy is probably not the best option. The last thing I want is bacterial infection that would harm my pregnancy.


It is time to see a doctor.. And so I did this morning.


Unfortunately, the doctor in UCD student health does not deal with pregnancy so the best they could do was searching the internet to find the suitable cough medicine for pregnant women. From WebMD website in which will appear when you google 'cough medicine for pregnant women'.

Duh! I can do that myself.

I decided to call my Ob-Gyn clinic right after and they think it is time for me to come in for a check-up. And they scheduled me to the urgent care later this afternoon.

Baby F was active last night. Less movement this morning but she usually wakes up in the afternoon. Hopefully she will be fine.

Hang in there, hang in tight, baby F. Mommy is going to get better soon.

Update:

It appears that I don't actually have a cold. It is actually bronchitis. UCD doctor cakap cold. Well, bronchitis does make sense as I don't have any other symptoms other than cough and red eye. Anyway, kos obat-obatan menelan belanja $155, boleh beli crib satu okeh. Takpe, anggapla  duit itu sebagai tabungan  (ayat sedapkan hati) untuk beli crib 3 bulan lagi sebab bila claim, 3 bulan baru dapat (itu pun kalau follow-up).

5 comments:

FeiYian Yoong said...

OMG! Bronchitis. Nasib baik bole claim. Anyhow, rest well and get better.

Melissa Imran said...

Farina,

When you submit a claim to GE, make sure that you make a copy of the receipts and get a mail option with a tracking number. Once the mail reaches GE, send an email to Kak Idah (spg ek) with attachment of the receipts, and mention that GE should have received the original copy. That way, it will be much quicker (I got mine about 1 1/2 - 2 months).

Farina said...

Yoong: I think I'm getting better a lil bit. I have my voice back!

Lisa: Alright, noted! Before this, I will cc Kak Idah when I send GE the follow-up email, feared that I will bother kak idah so much if I kept cc'ing her for every email I sent out. Tapi kalau nak duit cepat, kena pester selalu kan. I'll do that for this one =) Thanks lisa!

Ai said...

you're feeling better? u know i hardly know the differences between flu and cold, bronchitis jauh skali.
the only sickness tht i know very well is period pain ;-)

good luck with the claim. i'm noting lissa's advice too!

Farina said...

Ai:

The cough gets really bad at night still. Otherwise, conjunctivitis has cleared up and my voice has returned back to normal. Hopefully the cough will go away as well after I finished the course of antibiotics.

The only difference I know between flu and cold is flu comes with fever and muscle ache, but not cold. I've never had bronchitis before, that's why I think the sickness I'm having now is different than cold. The cough is just terrible, terrible, terrible.

Thanks dear!