Sunday, February 27, 2011

Of being grateful

I am being grateful.....

for having a husband that is workaholic yet managed to fulfill his wife's wish.

Jai is 'Employee of the Month' again. He was one way back in 2009 and that was in his former workplace, out of 15-20 people. He won again, this time outcompetes 150-200 people. And for that, he is also nominated for 'Employee of the Year' where the winner will win 2 free flight tickets, dinner for two and $500. Not that I'm very hopeful (dalam hati, tolonglah sebelas orang lain tuh kalah, tolonglah :P). I am grateful that he is still the person whom I attracted to because of his way of living. Campak ke mana pun he can survived.

Congratulations husband! *Tak sia-sia kena tidur sorang2 for the last couple of weeks* And yeah, thank you for taking me to San Francisco yesterday for my JJCM mission. I am proud of you and I will always be ;)

for the tiny heartbeats inside my womb

She survived inside me for 30 weeks now. I am being grateful for Allah has granted me a chance to conceive again and a smooth-sailing pregnancy so far. I am being grateful for this pregnancy has made Al-Quran recital a must everyday and made me feel even more closer to Allah. And I intend to keep it that way. I would not understand the feelings of other women having difficulties to conceive nor would I understand the feelings of other women who lost their babies halfway through their pregnancy. Every cloud has a silver lining, insya-allah your time will come soon.

for the speedy recovery

Alhamdulillah, I am getting better. I had a good sleep last night, not having that terrible and persistent dry cough were indeed a blessing.

for not to be conscienceless (most of the time)

Sometimes people tend to go overboard in advising other people without realising they were actually putting that particular person on the spot in front of everybody else. If someone do not want to breastfeed her baby or fail to breastfeed her baby, that is her choice. That is none of your business. You do not have to tell the whole world about that, why don't just give her a call and talk to that person directly. The same goes with pregnancy. Some people are just not ready and some do not have their luck on their side just yet. You do not have to make such a hurting statement or assumption just because you have kids. We all like to make plans, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. As simple as that.


And please do not go overboard in judging other people's religion. If in Islam eating pork is forbidden, it is forbidden.Period. Do not go hoohaa and criticised why were such rules implemented in Islam. Talk to another Muslim if you want to know why, do not simply making bad judgments.



Therefore, I am being grateful that sometimes I know how to put myself in other people shoes. Critiques are good but you do not want to hurt other people's feeling, aite?

Gosh, I hate Keri Hilson's song, Pretty Girl Rock, pretty sangat ke? *Nih apehal tiba-tiba Keri Hilson nih?*




5 comments:

Ayu said...

Farina, this is such a sweet "i am grateful for" list. : ) Ko tau aku sentiasa doakan ko kan. N tumpang happy with every single thing that makes you happy. I like to read all the positive lines, they surely put a smile on my face. Take care dearie.

Ai said...

Farina, tumpang gembira for everything.

oh ye, I pun excited on #1. harap2 Jai menang, maner tau rezeki baby kan. flight ticket tu bole sampai maner? hehe. klu bole balik Malaysia okey gak, haha. Or if not, u guys can fly to New York! ;)

Farina said...

Ayu: Yes, you are among those who have been with me through my ups and downs ;) Aku pun sentiasa mendoakan kejayaan ko, semoga dapat fly secepat yang mungkin. You too take care!

Ai: Not sure ticket flight tuh boleh sampai mana, hahaha, kalau leh sampai international destination bagus gak. But yes, NY is definitely the next destination in our list, cuma tak tau bile nak pegi. Huhuhu. Oh yes, forgot to mention free 5 nights stay jugak. Nih mula nak berangan dah nih =)

Anonymous said...

I am envious that you have such a nice husband.

Farina said...

Anon:

Oh no... don't be envy. Believe me, every husband likes to pamper their wife when they are carrying their child (especially if it is their first one) ;)