Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pregnancy note @ 38 weeks

It is hard to believe I will eventually become a mom and have a child of my own. Our very own bundle of joy ;)

Anyway, here are the last pregnancy updates from me (hopefully!):

Baby F: She is doing fine on Doppler. She is more responsive to the environment and stimuli, like whenever she heard her dad's voice or me poking/ massaging my belly, she will respond although I know she's probably sleeping. Unlike before, kalau dia tido, jangan haraplah dia nak bangun. Goncang perut ke, tepuk2 ke, buat dek aje.


Mommy F: At 37th week check up, midwife Jessica confirmed baby has engaged and cervix has softened. Patutla lapar je memanjang, baby dah turun ke bawah. Oh, I have reached my target weight ie: 64kg! Tested negative for GB Streptococci(GBS) which means there will be no IV infusion of antibiotic during labor. I've never heard of GBS before, kat Malaysia ada ke? Ke orang putih nih banyak benor penyakitnya? Starting this week, I have started to feel menstrual cramping-like pain more often and during 38th week check up, Dr. Tilton told me, it is a form of mild contraction and will help my body undergo cervical ripening. She said it is a good sign, meaning most likely I won't go past my due date. Cervical softening- checked, ripening- in progress and what's next? Cervical dilation. Erk! Right now I couldn't help but feeling nervous, no wonder they call this period of time as waiting game! You never know when the labor pain will kick in.


Work: Two weeks ago, I was saying, there's no way I could finish analyzing my data. And guess what? I've finished analyzing my data!! But of course, no pain no gain. I've been pulling all nighter for several nights the past 2 weeks and thanks to my supervisor who lend me her daughter's old lappy for me to do the work, I can now take my maternity leave with peace of mind. Except, I have to schedule for a dissertation committee meeting some time during my confinement period but knowing I have all my data organized and sorted, I can take a breath of relief ;) Many thanks to Jai who helped me key-in the data into excel for one study, before he gave up! Haha, he said it was too much for him and wondered how I can stand staring at the computer for so long. Yeah, talk about 5 other studies I need to tabulate. Bukan jer permanent head damage dengan mata2 sekali damage ok! Oh, thanks to Rocky too, for massaging my back when I don't pay him enough attention ;P


Mom to Mommy F: Will arrive on Sunday with uncle! I am so looking forward to hug her after almost 2 years not seeing each other (unless Skype chatting is counted). She sounded very kelam-kabut when I called her several days ago and I tried to calm her down, cos she absolutely made me nervous with her kelam-kabutness. She settled her kedai takeover and our relative will take care of our cats. All she needs to do right now is pack!


So, this weekend, I'm going to spring clean the house, doing some last-minute shopping for me and baby and pick up mom and uncle at SF. Oh, and nak pergi makan-spree juga!  And on Monday, I will be taking the day off to run some errands with mom. And next week as well (if I'm not in labor yet), both my supervisors are throwing me another baby shower. Liz, my SV insisted of throwing me another baby shower at some restaurant in Davis although dah berapa kali convince dia, tak perlu susah2. Coincidentally, we shared the same due date, but her daughter (and her only child) came out on May 1st. Hmm, will baby F make her appearance on May 1 as well? We will see *wink*


Have a good weekend everyone! Will be wrapping up my pregnancy experiences in the next several post, insya-allah. For now, I need to catch up with some sleep, definitely in the state of 'weng'ness.


7 comments:

OneDropH20 said...

If I were there, I could have easily keyed in your data for you. In the university, I have yet to find someone who keys in numerical data faster than me. Too bad lah!

Sounds like you are doing a lot of physical labour before your actual labour leh...take care and be careful ar.

Quite sure it ain't good to be stressed about work during such a sensitive and critical period, so ...try not to lah. Academic work can always tangguh!

DRaqil said...

bestnya jadi farina...rasa cam sumer org sayang...huhu...tak sabar tunggu the junior...

Shakila Haris said...

Farina, aku pulak rase x sabo tunggu next updates dr ko lepas ko deliver nanti... Take care, yeah.. Semoga dipermudahkan segalanya. Ameen!!!

Farina said...

YH:

Yeah, I was so occupied with work I don't even have time to prepare myself mentally for labor. Hopefully baby F won't be popping out too soon, I need to get my mental readiness up to the peak! Haha, I want to bribe Jai with baju and seluar baru to help me key in the data pun dia tak nak (which is unusual). I know if you were here, OTH drink is more than enough to bribe you. Hehehe

Farina said...

Fiza:

Takdelah, semua orang sayang baby dalam perut nih bukan emaknya. Hehe. Anyway, SV tuh memang very motherly and nice pun. Jarang dapat jumpa SV perempuan cam tuh ;)

Shak:

Aku pun dah tak larat dah mengendong nih. Ok, insya-allah akan diupdate secepat mungkin. Chewah, confident je nak update cepat kan. Nanti tengok bukak computer pun tak larat.Hehe

Melissa Imran said...

Farina,

Hope the labor will sail smoothly, amin!!

Farina said...

Lisa:

Thank you so much for the du'a. Nanti ajak Imran datang California tau, visit baby :D