Wednesday, September 14, 2011

When luck is not on our side

I might cry writing this post but thinking how I'm gonna be able to go through this killing me softly. So be it.

It was yesterday, the day I wish I should have not done the decision I made.

We went for visa interview, to extend our visa beyond the expiry date which is March next year. When the officer started to say " In your case, your visa is approved, but in your (Jai's) case...." I knew exactly  what he gonna say.

Jai's visa application is pending for further screening and his previous visa was cancelled cos technically we are applying for a new visa. The officer was then saying it will take at least 1 month for them to do the screening.That means he can't go back with me to the US. That means, I'm gonna have to go back alone with Faliela.

I was devastated. Along the way from the embassy to Setapak, we were speechless. I think my face turned white as soon as I stepped out from the embassy. How could they do this to us? Can't they see I have a 4-month old baby to take care of? Who's gonna take care of Rocky as we promised to be back on the 24th?

I was crying and at the same time, apologizing to Jai as this was actually my decision to extend our visa, although we are not required to do so. I knew he was mad at me but of course, throwing his anger won't change anything, so he chose to be silent.

For now, we have slowly accepting the news. I have to postpone my trip back if there is no news until the 22nd. I can probably wait until early October but if there is no progress on his visa application, I will have to go back first with Faliela. I could not imagine how the 20 hrs flight journey back to the US will be, but I will have to go through it no matter what. Leaving Faliela with Jai is not an option (at least not for me) as she is fully breastfeeding and to give her formula when I know I can still breastfeed her will only break my heart, To add to it, I won't be able to present at a conference this October. And that made me regretting my decision even more.

But to think of it, walaupun rasa ini dugaan terbesar Allah nak bagi pada kami, ramai lagi yang diuji Allah dengan dugaan yang lagi hebat. When I feel like going down, selalu ingat kisah Norma dan Talib and I feel grateful with what I have today although luck is not on our side this time.


Please pray for us. That's all we need for now.


8 comments:

Zarith said...

Ya allah. Saya pun speechless bila baca. Akak yang tanggung apetah lagi. Hopefully visa husband akak akan settle b4 22nd ni. Doa semoga semua lancar and akak akan blk bertiga ke us nnt.

Ayu said...

Farina, sabarlah ye. Aku mmg xtau nk tolong mcmana, cuma boleh tolong doakan semuanya akan berakhir dgn baik.

neri said...

oh farina, what a bad luck. i hope everything turns out well in the end. we are rooting for you!

dot said...

Hope you be strong babe. As cliche as this sound, anggap kan jek la "adelah hikmah nye tu di sebalik semua dugaan nih". I know you, jai, faliela and rocky can survive this. I doakan semoga segala urusan korang dipermudahkan Allah. Amin.

Runiza said...

Farina dear...
Everything happened for a reason. Kita hanya mampu merancang tapi segala2nya telah tertulis olehNYA. So, what you can do is just try to make the best of the situation. Doa for the best. InsyaAllah, everything would be fine! <3

All the best...

ijannina said...

OMG darling this was really a shocked...You must have mixed feeling right now; guilty, sad, brave, all at the same time. Banyak2 doa kepada Allah yek insyaAllah things will be okay

Yaniey said...

Kak yani pun doakan yang terbaik. Just ingat, kalau ada rezeki, mesti ada jugak. InshaAllah.

Farina said...

Thank you all for the kind words. Really appreciate it!