Friday, April 27, 2012

The journey, then and now.

Then and now updates.


 1. Faliela had a viral fever few days after we came back from our vacation. It was one hell of a week since I have an ongoing animal experiment. Faliela recovered after 4 days and as soon as her fever went down, multiple red spots appeared all over her body. It was roseola! I was kinda relieved in a way that she was not having chicken pox. Kalau chicken pox lagi lama nak baik. Thank you Kak Mon for providing me the info on roseola. Sebelum nih tak pernah dengar. 

2. My good friend back during our DVM days was in town last few weeks. She was on her honeymoon with her hubby (which is also my DVM senior). Sangat syiiok ada tetamu datang dari Malaysia! We had so much fun hosting them and bringing them around San Francisco and Davis ;) 

 3. We have switched Faliela to another daycare. Finally! We have several ongoing issues with makcik Mexico itu. It was a bit dramatic on how everything ended. Sort of drama Melayu happening in a real world and I had to deal with this mess all by myself as Jai was away on an outstation job. It is just unbelievable how she was not being honest with us all this time.  Stay tuned for the rest of the story. 

4. It was last Thursday when I received an email from my co-SV, N wanting to discuss on my data for a manuscript to be published in a special edition of a journal. My SV, Liz decided that we should do it as my thesis committee meeting instead of just an informal discussion. I had a nervous breakdown as soon as she came up with that suggestion as I was still in the middle of data analysis and it won't be ready in 1 week.  Unfortunately, Liz had it scheduled in 1 week and I had no choice but to come up with results (lots of it) in such a short notice. With all the drama I had to handle+Jai was out of town+ongoing animal experiment, I managed to pull through everything and my presentation went great. Yes, I am going to graduate in less than a year, insya-Allah. Dah bau nasi lemak and roti canai dah ;)


This week has been a rough week for me but alhamdulillah, everything went well in the end.  True what everyone says, getting a PhD is not about getting a scroll but it is the journey endured. I am glad I am almost at the end of the journey.


 

No comments: