Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The origin of the thesis

Inspired and adapted from Jorge Cham's comic strip:

 " Look, let me tell you how this works. Doing your Ph.D. and working with a Professor is a lot like Marriage. The whole thing typically lasts 5-7 years, 50% of them end in bitter divorce and it all culminates in a big ceremony where you walk down the aisle wearing a fancy gown " 

And insya-Allah I will be wearing that fancy gown. Soon.
 

Bismillah. The madness has just started while the hibernating continues.

3 comments:

Shahida Mansor said...

Salam Farina,
I'm Shahida from Santa Rosa.
Do you know anyone is coming back to Malaysia for good and having shipment next year? I'm planning to send some stuff back home.

Shahida
(shahida.mansor@gmail.com)

Shahida Mansor said...

Hi Farina,
Im from Santa Rosa. Do you know anyone who will be going back for good next year? im planning to tumpang the shipment.

shahida(shahida.mansor@gmail.com)

Farina said...

Salam Shahida,

We will be going back for good mid next year. We will be sharing spaces with few others students here.For now I could not confirm whether we can accomodate another person since we need to figure out the full load (and we are bringing back cars and furnitures). I will email you if we have space-sometime in April.

Farina