I have a term paper due Friday. Eventhough I procrastinated a lot, I managed to get it done 2 days before the due date.
All I got to do now are checking my answers thoroughly and study for my final exam!
Which explains......why I am procrastinating again cos I have 5 days left basically..
That is so you Farina, last-minute-then-turn-to-be-really-in-deep-shit!
Anyway, I blog-hopped the people who are not in my favorite list (there goes your solemnly swear!), realizing that long-distance relationship could actually work....
And that made me so guilty by making my hubby quit his 'precious' job. My hubby worked in Sime Darby, and basically SD gave him a personal notebook with broadband connection, a Blackberry, a cool company car and not to forget, business trip to overseas which for me, wow, nih belum jadi big boss lagi nih...
Flashing back to the time before we came here, he was undecisive until 2 months after we get married. I was broken-hearted when he said he's gonna stay in Malaysia no matter what. But, after so much persuasion and arguments we had, he finally agree although a bit reluctant.
I had to bear with him the final months before our departure cos he did not want to get involve at all with the preparations and I had to do everything all alone.
Now, I will say, he finally settle down with his decision. He did not blame me anymore, although sometimes I feel sad realizing the fact that he is working odd hours. If he were in Malaysia, he would be in his comfort zone, surrounded by his family and friends.
Sometimes I regret my choice to come here cos it made me selfish, but what other choice that I had at that time?
My 1 am thoughts end here...
4 comments:
Allah knows wat best for all of us and believe me,and do so in your heart,this is wat best for both of u..wish you both best of luck and effort kat sane...be back with proud & pride...aku tunggu ko kat sini..sob...sob...sob :(
Hie Farina,
I cried over the same thing before I fly to US dulu. Bt my hubby really can't quit his job, esp when his parents depends on him financially (anak sulung). So finally, I walked down the departure hall alone.
Your post touched me. Everyone I know feels guilty about this. Although things sorta work out for me and hubby, I still feel terrible. I'm always worried sick coz my hubby is not covered by insurance, and that he has to pay fr his own flight tickets, etc. Policy just doesn't allowed me to cover him under this circumstances. Sometimes I hates inflexible policies.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure his sacrifice made u appreciate his presence even more. I felt that way too, when he's here, all I want is to make the most of his time at his best interest.
Take care and good luck with ur finals.
P/S: I envy that u'll head back to Msia..
Farina,
I am one of the long distance marriage and relationship couple.. it is quite hard at first but then times flying and we know we have a goal that might be impossible to be reality from others people opinion. But we believe we’ll obtain it for our future family.
You’re so lucky to experience and spending your time with ur hubby..if u know how hard is it without lovely husband in your daily life, you’ll learn how to appreciate him. So, treat your hubby with love wholeheartedly. Don’t regret what has been fated but strive for blissfulness as much as possible…
Faza
Intan,
Thank you.. Your comment really made me motivated.. I'm sure gonna go back with proud & pride..I love u!!
Aira,
I know I will not understand your situation, unless I experience it myself. You are one strong lady I've ever met. Long distance relationship will make your marriage stronger but I doubt I can do that with my hubby thousand miles away. I envy your courage! Nah, don't envy me going back to Malaysia, I'm going back all alone cos he has to work... Thanks!!
Faza,
Yes, I definitely will appreciate him more. I can stand long distance relationship if he's in the same country, been there done that.. Thousand miles away need a lot more of that, not able to see your loved ones for months or years.. Nope,I'm not that strong.
Post a Comment