When I was on the plane from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur, the person seated next to me was wearing a mask. Upon reaching the KLIA, I saw a lot of people wearing mask, whereas the scenery was different when I was in San Francisco and Hong Kong Airport.
My sister told me that my brother had to wear a mask during his graduation up on the stage. I was like, what??? So, the picture of him being handed the degree was a man (it could be anybody, you know) wearing a mask... Ok, that sounds ridiculous.
I am not an expert, but my field of study related to viruses. My virology professor in UPM who earned his Ph.D from Cambridge once informed us that by wearing a mask, it could not conferred you any protection cos the size of the viruses are much smaller than the pores on the mask. As in influenza virus, the size is 120 nm. Nanometre. That is 0.00000012 metre if you converted. Go figure!
It could probably help a lil bit if you are coughing or sneezing by minimizing the droplets that contain the viruses from spreading. But still that doesn't prevent the virus into the air.
The best thing is to maintain a clean hygiene. Nuraina Samad wrote a good post on it, refer HERE.
And with shops taking advantage by selling a mask at RM6.00, please don't bother to make them rich.
* Salam Ramadhan to all. Minta maaf jika ada terkasar bahasa sepanjang penulisan saya di sini. *
1 comment:
Setuju sangat2. Pemakaian mask mungkin membantu kalau orang yang tengah ada infection & terbatuk2 terbersin tu yang pakai, boleh ngelakkan air droplets merebak serata alam. Itu saja.. Hehe.. Selamat berpuasa & mohon maaf atas segala salah silap. Btw Farina, parcel dah sampai kul 5pm waktu M'sia. Tq!!!! ;D
Post a Comment