I'll probably be very busy tomorrow so this will be the last post before my flight to the US.
Now, I know what actually I miss the most during Eid Mubarak. It was the environment, not so much of the celebration. As an adult, I don't feel like celebrating Eid Mubarak the same as when I was younger.
What I meant by environment are:
1. Traffic gets really congested during the last week of Ramadhan.Everyone travels back to their hometown plus those that shop for clothes in the very last minute.
2. Eid Mubarak means holiday! Last year, I was celebrating Eid in class, having nasi impit and kuah kacang as lunch with my classmate. Very very sad :(
3. Eating all kind of dishes ie: lemang, rendang, ketupat, kuah kacang, laksa, lontong etc. Last year, I only managed to cook nasi impit,kuah kacang and lemang cos I was still in the process of learning how to cook and I got tied up with classes and all that.
4. Sembahyang raya. I had class so I missed my prayer :(
5. Surrounded with family and gathered to seek for forgiveness from the elderly. Last year was my first Eid as a wife, so my first time 'cium tangan suami' di pagi raya. But still I miss my family especially keriuhan anak-anak saudara saya :(
I hope next year, I shall read this post on the eve of Eid to live up the environment the same like when I was in Malaysia. And I hope in 3 years' time, I'll be celebrating my first Eid with my husband + my family + in-law.
I'll be joining these two young men in 2 days. Till then, back to reality.

4 comments:
besarnya kucing ko farina,,,berapa kilo tu?DSH ke?
Nina,
DSH je tapi kucing kat sini memang besar2. Aku rasa berat die dah mencecah 5 kg kot, kalau dukung tuh boleh lenguh la :)
Oh yeah, I remember last year's Raya was on a Wednesday. And I believe many of us abroad sgt gembira bila Raya this year jatuh pada hari Ahad. Sempat masak memasak and beraya. Cuma bila mlm, semua kena switch study mode balik, bcoz many are with exams, assignments due next day or in few days! and kteorg fkr, org kt Msia, tgh berhari raya kedua dan masih bergembira. Cobaan, huhu.
Neway, have a safe flight back to SF, and making your way back to Davis.
Yep Ai,
But next year you'll be celebrating at home! YEAY, happy for you..
Anyway, next year I have no more classes so I can mintak cuti from my SV if Raya falls on weekday.Nak pasang lagu raya kuat2 sambil makan ketupat :)
Post a Comment