Even Dr. Mahathir said so :) Click HERE to know more about it
I'm not implying that I agree with the act of throwing money during election, but money politics has been an endemic situation in Malaysia.
When people say politics can survive without money, I was like (quoted from Zewt), kau duduk planet mana?
Yes, you can say that if you were living 60 years ago when British was colonizing us because we would like to get rid off them, so people appointed the leaders because we would like to fight for freedom. But that no longer serve the purpose. The patriotism at that time was off the scale, dude.
Few people implying that I hate the government so much. No, I'm not. It is the mentality of certain people I hate the most. Orang melayu cakap pendek akal.
I gave you few scenarios:
1. Selalu kita buat law ini dan itu, tapi no enforcement. So, what's the point of making the law in the first place? I did a practical in a veterinary public health lab, so basically we were testing food products that contain antibiotic residues. Company XX chicken product has antibiotic residue that was beyond the limit, so by right the product need to be taken off from the market. But because no cooperation between one agency and another agency, so barang tuh still ade dalam pasaran. So, lambat-laun semua Malaysian ada masalah nak carik antibiotic because we were all resistant to antibiotic that available in the market.
2. We like the approach "Tunggu dan lihat". What happened most of the time " Tunggu dan ternganga or tunggu sampai ade orang mati baru kita buat perubahan " Go and grab the opportunity while you have it. When I was applying for places to further study ie: Ph.D, I enrolled for a Master's Degree in UPM just in case kalau tak dapat sambung Ph.D terus. At least if I didn't get to do Ph.D right away, I already done with my first semester of MS. A friend of mine went to see the Deputy Vice Chancellor herself when she found out she didn't get the scholarship. Now, she almost completed her Ph.D in Glasgow. Initiate an effort, do not just wait. Macam kes PPSMI, the children were like guinea pig. Kejap BM, English,BM, then tiba2 nak buat pendidikan seks pulak. Adoi, tak paham lah.
3. We like being pampered by privileges. I do. But what the purpose of us having privileges, if we do not make an effort to live a better life. I hate to say this, but orang Melayu suka nak mempertahankan hak orang Melayu but in the end, yang kaya jadi lagi kaya, yang miskin macam tuh jugak. In the Malaysia's Top 40 Richest people, only 10 of them are Malays. Considering Malays are the majority in our country, the number is VERY low. I was sent to the US under 'bumiputera' ticket, I know and I would not deny that fact. But what's the point government sending me here if I do not perform. In my DVM (vet) class, we had almost equal proportion of Malay to Chinese, but during graduation, from I don't know 15-20 awards, Malays only won 2 awards.
These are only few scenarios I could think at the moment. Kalau nak senarai semua, 40 hari 40 malam lah aku bertonggok depan computer nih. Anyway, the take away message is change our perceptive in seeing things, like my brother sarcastic remark, LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD!
No comments:
Post a Comment