Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's time of the year again!

As it is Awal Muharram and reaching the end of 2010, it is time to review last year resolution:

1. Not to delay any work, be proactive in making research progress, aiming to complete Ph.D thesis in 4 1/2 years.--->  I think I could finish up my research in 4.5 years but my SV, upon submitting my annual progress report, she said it is too ambitious to finish in 4 years. I'm targeting 4.5 years at most, that's it!


2. By January 2010, I have to start studying at least one page a day for qualifying exam. And of course, passing the qualifying exam which scheduled to be held during summer 2010. Pray for me pals! ---> Do I need to explain more? Well, I actually start studying in June, not January (semangat je lebih :P) Refer to this link to read about my QE experience.


3. Aim to be an early riser! That's tough but it is 'do'able ---> Hahaha. Tettt! Failed! I know rezeki masuk lepas Subuh, but I guess I'm just not a morning person. Perhaps, baby F will make mommy's mission accomplish!

4. Family wise, a big decision which I won't share publicly but will announce when the right time comes ---> Ok. This is a no brainer kot, guessing what me and Jai have been up to since last August. Ngeh ngeh ngeh. Syukur alhamdulillah, Allah granted me the chance of conceiving.


Looking back, I should have been grateful with what I have so far in life. Although I liked to imagine myself being rich sometimes, having what I have right now is more than enough.

So, for 2011 C.E /1432 A.H, my resolutions are:

1. To write and get publish at least 2 journal papers. One as a middle author and the other as a first author.
2. To finish reading 10 books that I have bought for the past few months but didn't get to read it. I'm just not into reading nowadays.
3. Saving money for a trip to a country outside of the US. I'm not sure the location just yet but I've always wanted to visit Europe. The trip might be in 2012 before I leave US.
4. And of course, to be a good mommy for Baby F =)



4 comments:

OneDropH20 said...

well, I always say aim for the stars and you will at least reach the clouds, aim for the clouds and you will at least reach the peaks.

so I will say continue with your 4year target, then you will at most finish in 4.5. aim for 4.5, and you may end up with 5.

good luck!

Farina said...

YH,

Yes, I remember you told me this not so long ago. Ok, ok.. Although I don't think i could finish in 4 years, but I guess just aim for the highest. 4 years it is.

shila ariff said...

yes! to be a good mommy to baby F... :)

p/s: moga apa yg di'azam'kan, berjalan dgn lancar n sempurna...amin...

Farina said...

Shila: Thank u =)