From this point on, I will be meeting the Ob-Gyn or midwife on a weekly basis, that certainly indicates I'm almost to the finish line! I will be full term at 37 weeks, meaning I can deliver baby F anytime within next week to 42 weeks. My EDD is at 40 weeks ie: May 6. But lets just pray, she will wait until her nenda arrives from Malaysia.
Baby F: She is doing well. She is not a big baby according to midwife Blanche, well dah perut pun besar cam 7 bulan je, camner lah baby nak besar kan. She might have descended to the pelvic canal since I could feel her head is pushing down but Blanche could not confirm it through palpation. But for sure, she is head-down with her butt sticking out (most of the time) on the right side of the womb. Mak nye banyak sangat tengok Kim Kardashian kot. So, I shall wait next week when they perform a vaginal examination for Group B Streptococci (GBS) testing.
Mommy F: is officially 62.5 kg! Body is not proportionally balanced, as I look more like a starving kid that has intestinal worm infestation ie: a pot-bellied appearance with ribs protruding and visible. Scary image in the mirror! I was a little bit exhausted last week, mostly because I had trouble sleeping at night and that made me cranky with lots of housework to settle after heading back from lab. Rasa nak marah semua orang. I had trouble to doze off not because I was having back pain or such. It was because I checked my phone everytime I got up for bathroom breaks.So, this week, I tried to stay away from my phone and walla! I regained back my energy. Technology can ruined your life, seriously.
Birth plan: As what I wrote during the earlier stage of pregnancy, I will go as natural as possible and keep the options open in terms of using medication during labor. The only thing I asked from them is to let Jai have the baby for a few minutes right after delivery for azan and iqamat, or what Blanche described as 'whispering to baby's ears'. I really like Blanche from the first time I met her cos she knows a lot about our religious belief than any other midwives, hopefully she will be the one on call when I deliver the baby.
Work: Overwhelmed, as usual. I don't think I will have the time to analyze all the pending data as I am really occupied with optimizing and running several assays. And the only computer that has the software is in the lab, unless I would like to spend the remaining weekends to work in the lab, which I would not, considering I should now be resting instead of doing so many things simultaneously. However, my boss is kind enough to purchase a software license for me to work at home, the only caveat is I have to buy a new laptop. What! Ok, whatever it takes to get a paper publish this year.For the sake of research, I kept reminding myself over and over again.
Signs of labor: Already? It was false signs.
1. I was lying in bed, could not sleep when suddenly I felt a menstrual cramp-like pain extending from front to the back. It is a sign of labor, so I read. I waited for another 30 minutes, the pain did not subside. I was panicking, should I call the hospital at 2am asking? Then, I decided to get up and pee. Few minutes after, the pain went away.
2. I had a full bladder, went to the bathroom and pee. I was about to get up from the toilet bowl when fluid kept coming out and I could not control it. I thought my water broke, but were not so sure. I changed my pantiliner and waited for half an hour to check whether there was still a leakage, but there was none. Urinary incontinence I assumed. I guess Kegel does not work when you have a full-to-the-point-of-nearly-exploding bladder?
Due to those two incidents, Jai has forced me to pack up for my hospital stay earlier than I had originally planned. I was thinking of doing it this weekend, but Jai kept nagging me, so I did the packing already.
*Yoong, if you read this, the bag is in my bedroom right beside the bassinet*
I guess this will be the 2nd last pregnancy note as my maternal instinct says, I will deliver before my due date. Maternal instinct lah sangat kan.
Til then, enjoy your weekend!
12 comments:
take care!
Noxx, semoga semuanya selamat. Kitorang pakat2 doakan ko. Mungkin nanti kita skype dgn baby skali? ;p
Liza:
Thank you!
Ayu:
Kita skype next week k. Pastuh nanti baby dah kuar, kita skype lagi. Kang gossip panas jadi basi tunggu lama sangat. Hehe
OKAY! Got it, Farina! I have been carrying my cell phone with me even when I go running. I am ready. Dah standby with a full tank of gas in the car. Whoaa, I am also nervous la :P
oi Farina! janganlah buat kami semua anxious dan nervous sangat.
baca log you ni lebih banyak adrenaline rush daripada world cup~
=)
and your description so graphic..haha...when I read the part "I decided to get up and pee" I was like 'wa...not scared while peeing the baby just...slip out?'
hahahahaha....IF only so easy, right?
and you have everyone ready right? not just yoong, but also Adilla, YingYng...?
Sangat tompang excited bila baca.Hiks.
Take care, Farina!!!
Yoong: Haha! You are well prepared than me ;) It's good to fill up your gas tank full since the gas price keep increasing each day. Pheeww! Well, until my mom and uncle arrive, you will be the first person I call if Jai is at work. Thanks a lot!
YH: Wah, semenjak menjadi pensyarah, awak sudah mahir menulis dalam bahasa Melayu ye?
Too graphic and too gory for you to digest? =P Yeah, I wish labor process were that easy. Perhaps I could add more adrenaline rush to the post if I wrote incident no.2 occured during the baby shower? (Yes, it did!)
Don't worry YH, Yoong and Adilla have been taken good care of me.
Huda: Haha.Aku excited gak tapi bila tengok video orang bersalin, hilang rasa excited. Cuak giler sekarang!
Shak: Dah lama tak nampak hang. Thank you!
kak,
semoga semuanya selamat.
take care!
Baca your pregnancy note..rasa teringin pulak nak mengandung lagi. Best mengandung..and saat2 baby ada dlm dakanpan kita..speechless. Best moment in my life. Rasa x sempat la nak tunggu pas phd bru nak second child..rindu sgt nak ada baby. Saya doakan semuanya selamat dan dipermudahkan untuk awak masa bersalin nanti.
Ruby:
Thank you!
Anim:
Ada baca blog anim from Ayu's =) Anyway, yes, I love being pregnant. Itulah, kalau tak buat Ph.D nih, I won't wait this long to get pregnant. So, if Anim is up for it, insya-allah Allah permudahkan perjalanan for the next pregnancy. Terima kasih Anim for dropping by. Doa Anim saya aminkan! =)
Post a Comment