Saturday, May 28, 2011

This one or the other?

We were hunting for a daycare this week. We've made several calls and so far, only 2 family daycare accepts infants under 2 months old.

We went to one family daycare which was strategically situated just behind our house. The rate per hour is affordable but if I go over 5.30pm, she will charge $1 per minute and the minimum hours is 20 hrs/week. Other than her daughter, she has 2 other kids she cares for, one is 8 months and the other a one-year old toddler. Her apt is typical of a daycare center, a lot of toys etc.

Then, we decided to ask the owner of halal market in Davis and she forwarded our number to someone she knew whom might be interested. The woman is an Indian muslim, she is a housewife and has 2 kids, one is 8 years old and the other is 5. When we asked how much we have to pay, she didn't say how much but insisted that we should be comfortable with her taking care our daughter. The downside: Because this is not a daycare, she doesn't have a baby's crib or playpen so we might have to lend her Faliela's bassinet and her apt is not really a child-proof apt, like for example, there's no gate to avoid Faliela from crawling to her kitchen. Anyway, in terms of time, she is more flexible. If I go over 5.30pm (which I think I might be), she is okay with that and we don't have to send our daughter for minimum 20 hours/week. Location-wise, somewhere between my lab and home which is convenient to me, but probably not for Jai who is going to send her off.

We will be visiting the second family daycare on Monday and hopefully, I can make a decision by then. This is not really an easy decision, kalau boleh buat sembahyang istikharah kan bagus. Tapi still tak boleh lagi :P Korang rasa mana bagus ek? Or persoalannya nak suh Faliela pandai cakap Tamil or Spanish? Hahaha.Ok, I'm just kidding.

5 comments:

FeiYian Yoong said...

Spanish is more useful :P

K said...

Agree with Yoong. :P

Neri said...

LOL at this --> persoalannya nak suh Faliela pandai cakap Tamil or Spanish? ! hehe. if spanish then later can translate the telenovelas hehe. but i'm sure when you've seen the place you'll make a decision you will be most comfortable with.

Farina said...

Yoong: Useful in the USA, but not in Malaysia.

Kumi: What?? I thought you are going to support Tamil! Oh, I know. You mesti takut Faliela will be able to converse in Tamil better than you ek? Hahaha!

Neri: Hahaha. I'm just kidding :) Yeah, hopefully I can make a decision soon.

Yaniey said...

Nanti nk tinggal anak sure nangis.. hehe. Pasal nk cr tpt asuhan ni mmg susah. childproof needed bila dia start crawl which is masa 4-5 mths depending on kebuasan. Playpen pun xperlu sgt smpilah dia dh start crawl. Pengasuh tu xdek baby atau ngandung, kalu kak yani sound perfect sbb kalu ada baby banyak sgt xmenang tgn nk jaga. Doa byk2 jumpa tpt yg elok.. nanti xleh wat keje duk ingt anak ok ke tak..