A friend of mine posted this today :
"My male friend got kidnapped at damansara just now.d kidnapper asked him whether he's still schooling n he said no n kicked out of d van "
Most of you are aware of series of kidnapping happening in our country right now. It happens almost everyday, it sounds pandemic already. Malaysia has turned into a 'Mexico'.
Why are they targeting young school boys is puzzling if their main motive is for ransom. But anyway...
This is a growing concern. But somehow our Home Minister does not agree with it.
Taken from this article published just last week:
"Today, Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein brushed aside such concerns, saying the cases were “isolated” and that national crime statistics showed no surged in violent offences."
I do not know how many cases does it take for him to acknowledge this issue but knowing how the authorities take charge of several issues in this country does not surprise me. It takes about 3 or more major bus accidents involving more than 10 deaths before the issue being taken seriously. And it goes off after a few years before surfacing again after another strings of bus accidents. This is just one example. I can name many.
I have no idea why he chose to ignore this issue but by now you know most of the statements made by him is _________. (Please fill in the blank)
Now that I have a daughter, it is a major concern to me as a parent. I do not want the incident I experienced 10 years ago happening to my daughter or anybody else.
My mom got snatched just in front of our house last year. A few weeks later, the two men who snatched my mom's handbag were seen by neighbors roaming at our residential area. And I was wondering, where the hell is our policeman?
So, the answer is no. You cannot rely solely on our police force. Especially in Malaysia.
My mom got snatched just in front of our house last year. A few weeks later, the two men who snatched my mom's handbag were seen by neighbors roaming at our residential area. And I was wondering, where the hell is our policeman?
So, the answer is no. You cannot rely solely on our police force. Especially in Malaysia.
I urge all my lady friends and also those who have kids to teach them what to anticipate and how to react when incident like this happened. I always bring a pepper spray whenever I have to go to the lab during wee hours. I understand the selling of pepper spray is prohibited in Malaysia, but you have other means of protection to use, like cooking vinegar for instance ;)
This incident can happen to everyone. So please, stay safe.
3 comments:
apparently pepper spray is LEGAL in Malaysia.
I heard a security officer (rank Captain) said that during an interview over BFM. He said (paraphrase) 'Pepper spray is legal in Malaysia and we should all carry one, and learn to use it"
good piece. i agree with you.. kidnapping cases are so alarming here in Malaysia. isolated case his ass. sigh. anyway pepper spray can be bought from guardian. kene letak IC number n name. a collague has bought it. not sure how much. i plan on getting one as well. btw tadi jumpe member dia cakap there's a case anak letak dalam trolley giant / carrefourre pun boleh kene culik in a blink masa the mother turn to pilih sayur... so worrying!!! :(((( allow me to share this entry at fb and twitter k.. you have it all well written. - lilia-
YH:
Yes, please be extra careful when you go out by yourself. You look like a high school student so they might do the same thing to you :p
Ok, my bad. Someone told me pepper spray selling is prohibited and when I went back last year, I could not find any place that sells pepper spray so I thought it was true.
Lia:
Thanks for the info. It's good to know they are selling it with some control measure. Nanti bad guy use it as a weapon for their crime, kan dah terbalik pulak. Yes, you should buy one too! Thanks for helping me spread the words :)
Post a Comment